Relaxed ladies - How often do you touch up?

How often do you touch up?

• Every 5 weeks or less :look:

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Every 6 weeks

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Every 7 weeks

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Every 8 weeks

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Every 9+ weeks

Votes: 124 80.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I relax on average every 12 weeks which is 4x's a year. I do it this way because from the crown to the forehead I only get 1 inch of NG. During my last stretch I felt I could have gone 16 weeks ( because of Taaliah Waajid Protective mist bodifier) but I was anxious to comb my scalp (dont judge me I like the way it feels).

I think once I hit APL, I will start relaxing only 3x's a year. I will play it by ear.

13weeks for me.
I want to make my ultimate stretch goal at least 16 weeks.....so i'm going to work towards that in the near future. :yep:

I relax a minimum of every 9 weeks, but I go as long as 12 weeks. It depends on what is going on with my hair and if I have anything scheduled, like travel or a major event. I tried 14 weeks and I will never do that again.

btween 8 and 10 weeks. ive done a 20 week stretch and i fell like I had too much breakage, so never again..

I no longer relax on a schedule and just listen to my hair. But on average, I relax about every 12 to 13 weeks. I'm going to attempt an 18 week stretch this go round only because I don't want to relax until my brother's wedding but if need be, I will relax sooner.

I'm relaxing tonight or either tomorrow night... it's only been 9 wks.
I typically relax every 8-10 wks.. my hair starts giving me problems when I stretch longer. I can't comb it properly, my roots are super fat and hard to tame, it's just harder to deal with.

Last night I did some bantu knots trying to try a style w/ texture since everyone does this when stretching their relaxer... well it came out a hot arse mess this morning and it took a while for me to smooth my hair to try and even pull my hair back in a ponytail. I got fed up, so I will be slapping in the creamy crack when I get home.

Last edited:
I usually relax around 11-12 weeks. Now that it's getting cold, I may have to adjust that. The more new growth I get, the more I have to wash to keep it manageable. Washing my hair 2-3 times a week prob won't work when it's 12 degrees outside.

Every 9-10 weeks. I just had a touch up yesterday and prior to that it was early September. I have gone up to 12 weeks whenever I have worn kinky twist extensions.

I last posted in this thread a year ago that I eventually wanted to do 16 week stretches. However, I'm letting that goal go. My hair is thriving with 14 weeks stretches, so that's where I'll stay. :yep:

I relax every 10-12 weeks. This last relaxer(September) I stretched 14 weeks too long for me, I experienced breakage..

Every 3 months. So, 12 weeks. And I allow myself one corrective per year. No direct heat the week before or after a relaxer.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I responded to this post last year with 12-13 weeks. Now I relax every 16 weeks minimum to 24 weeks max. I don't relax more than 3 times a year.

I relax every 16-17 weeks now. I've noticed that since I began stretching every 16 weeks, my hair has thickened up. I want to eventually do 20-24 week stretches though.

Every 12 weeks is just right for me. I'm only going 11 weeks this stretch (relaxing next weekend) though.

I've just hit the 16wk mark. I've had a bit of breakage - not too much. Too lazy to rollerset tonight so I'll prob relax in 2 wks time.

I touch-up 3times per year....every 4months. STretching is a way of life for me. Its second nature. I've learned to control shedding and breakage,and keep my hair healthy and strong:grin::grin:....*sigh* some hard lessons happened,:nono: but I finally learned!!:lol:

Back