Relaxed ladies, how do you take care of those ends?

Bubblingbrownshuga

I remember when I was relaxed, my ends were horrific, no matter how much trimming I did. My rollersets would result in straight roots and frizzy ends, even with using end papers. To those who can testify, what did you do/use to counteract this? Thanks

I start with a good solid hair cut, then moisture/protein balance seems to help my ends. I don't have a problem with the frizzy ends after a rollerset. I use a nice creamy leave in (LTR) and seal with a serum for the best sets ever.

I'm not a fan of protective styles, so I do find I need to trim once or twice a year. :look:

I used to have problems with my ends, but ever since I started using unrefined shea butter on them my ends are no longer an issue. Since shea butter is very heavy and moisturizing I usually use very little of it. I first dampen my hair (either manually by spritzing it with my hair mist or slightly towel dry it after washing), apply the conditioner I use as a leave-in, apply my shea butter (which I whipped with aloe vera juice, oils, honey, and a bit of conditioner) mostly concentrating on my ends, seal with coconut oil, then bun or scarf. My ends always feel hydrated :yep:.

After I do all of my pampering to my hair exp:moisturizing my hair (focusing on my ends) and oiling my scalp I put my hair in a braided bun my ends stay very moist and soft. I just love the way my ends feel, I use to have dry ends as well but once I swicth up my technique and started doing the braided bun my ends have look and feel much better.

To avoid frizzy ends on rollersets make sure hair is soaking wet while rollersetting. My ends turn out very smooooth.

Moisturize and seal with your favorite moisturizer and oil after that.:yep:

To avoid frizzy ends on rollersets make sure hair is soaking wet while rollersetting. My ends turn out very smooooth.

Moisturize and seal with your favorite moisturizer and oil after that.:yep:
Ditto. :yep:

I dont do much protective styling either. I just keep them moisturized and I REFUSE to use direct heat anymore now that I can rollerset. Direct heat leads to more splits. At least for me it does.

I make sure that when I use whatever products I use throughout my hair I focus on my ends. Also, whenever I do twist-outs or braid-outs etc. when I'm done forming the twist or braid I wet the end and add extra grease/oil to seal.

Here's what I did when I was relaxed:
  1. Start with a good trim.
  2. Moisturize daily or several times a week.
  3. No heat.
  4. Use end wraps on soaking wet hair when roller setting.

baggyin and keepin oil on them. silk pillowcase too. i been fallin off w/ keepin my ends hidden, so my pillowcase kinda takes the edge off.

baggyin and keepin oil on them. silk pillowcase too. i been fallin off w/ keepin my ends hidden, so my pillowcase kinda takes the edge off.

same.
I leave them alone during the day( bun attached with a scrunchie with synthetic hair and bobby pins), baggy as I come home to sleep, stay away from the heat. satin pillowcase.

I just make sure to moisturize my hair in sections..sure this takes a lot of moisturizer but you're getting both your ends and your roots moisturized..then i do the same thing when i seal.
I use redken smooth down butter treatment for the moisturizer..it's the only moisturizer that doesn't really dry out my hair. And i use coconut oil or my avocado butter to seal the moisturizer.

my ends have never been messed up. i just moisturize and seal them every morning and night. when im deep conditioning, i make sure to coat my ends realy good, and i do this every week.

I just make sure to moisturize my hair in sections..sure this takes a lot of moisturizer but you're getting both your ends and your roots moisturized..then i do the same thing when i seal.
I use redken smooth down butter treatment for the moisturizer..it's the only moisturizer that doesn't really dry out my hair. And i use coconut oil or my avocado butter to seal the moisturizer.

I thought this was a rinse out conditioner?

Back