Relaxed ladies - how do you get that swing?

I'm sure it's been asked before, but, how do you get that swing? Like when you first leave the salon. I remember in my relaxed days Fantasia IC serum used to do it, but not always.

I was going to ask this too..the other day I saw a girl at the bus stop and her hair was just beautiful and flowing.

mabe u can try a BKT, iv been on YT watching relaxed ladies with them and there hairs so flowy i almost fall out of my chair with jealousy!

less prods and roller set. i miss bouncy and swing but i'm air drying and bunning for retention and growth. i haven't had swing in long time.

In order to get swing, I would suggest that you flat iron freshly washed hair and use very little product during the blowdrying/flat ironing. I will also add that women with beautiful swinging hair have their ends trimmed and even. Although I hated getting trims when I was relaxed, it helped me to flat iron my hair with ease and it gave me more swing action.

when i used to wear my hair out (seems like ages ago, lol) i would do an acv rinse and after that, even wrapping gave me bouncy, swingy hair.

i think the acv made my hair free of the buildup which prevents the swing.

For swingalicious hair:

Blow dry rather than airdry
Foam wrap as a leave in rather than a creamy leave in
Blow dry w/ the tension method or rollerset
Flat iron in small sections
IA w/ every one about less product being more

Be prepared for whiplash from shaking your head so much.

Yep, I agree with what everyone is saying. I used to get the most swing ever when I went to the Domincan Salons.
1. They barely used any styling products and used the blow dryer and tension to get the hair as bouncy as possible. They also scrubbed the hair clean first to remove buildup so clarifying is important.

Back