Relaxed Ladies Hair Type

DominicanBrazilian82

I am relaxed with what I believe to be 4A/B mixed hair. I really dont know though because I have never seen my hair natural. New growth would count; however, I have never paid attention to it enough to classify it as one type or another. The below pic is of my new growth at 8 weeks post; however, because it has been manipulated and straightened (somewhat), I am not sure that I can accurately identify my hair type. Maybe a little assistance from the lovely ladies of LHCF.

image-660771988.jpg
image-3932398021.jpg
image-2535480892.jpg

Last edited:
Ive noticed my new growth and i think im a 3c. my hair is wavy and even when i was transitioning, my hair was never kinky, always wavy.

I am relaxed with what I believe to be 4A/B mixed hair. I really dont know though because I have never seen my hair natural. New growth would count; however, I have never paid attention to it enough to classify it as one type or another. The below pic is of my new growth at 8 weeks post; however, because it has been manipulated and straightened (somewhat), I am not sure that I can accurately identify my hair type. Maybe a little assistance from the lovely ladies of LHCF.

View attachment 166685
View attachment 166687
View attachment 166689

Im going to co-wash tomorrow and update with some pics of my hair wet. That might make a bigger difference.

I don't really subscribe to hair typing, but I don't think you can really tell unless you are relaxer free (like after a big chop or transitioning and cutting off all relaxed ends). With a relaxer, even with new growth, your ends are relaxed and can "pull" you hair and make it difficult to truly determine the type.

I know some relaxed folks that thought they had type 3c hair based on their new growth, did a big chop and then realized that they had a different hair type as their twa began to grow. So you might be able to get a general idea, but know that you could be surprised if/when you go natural.

Either way, good luck!

RocStar said:
I don't really subscribe to hair typing, but I don't think you can really tell unless you are relaxer free (like after a big chop or transitioning and cutting off all relaxed ends). With a relaxer, even with new growth, your ends are relaxed and can "pull" you hair and make it difficult to truly determine the type.

I know some relaxed folks that thought they had type 3c hair based on their new growth, did a big chop and then realized that they had a different hair type as their twa began to grow. So you might be able to get a general idea, but know that you could be surprised if/when you go natural.

Either way, good luck!

I totally agree. Just curious :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back