Relaxed Ladies, Can you please describe Wash Day with WEn

NewHairWOWeave

So I got Wen Sweet Almond Mint for Christmas. I have been dying to get this. So now I have it and I watch the little video :lol::perplexed. And Im sorry maybe its me.............. but I am little um (for lack of a more descriptive word) confused on how I can incorporate this into my wash day. I know that you ladies can shed some light on this ?

Should/Can I Deep Condition with another product ?

I am relaxed, SL

THANK YOU IN ADVANCED

Last edited:
what part is confusing, how to use it or what it replaces? I just use it as I would a shampoo. Wet my hair, add in the WEN to get a lather, make sure I get the scalp good, rinse then add WEN again and leave it on as a conditioner while I shower, then rinse. While my hair is wet, I'll add 2-4 pumps back to my hair as a leave in. Every other time I prepoo with coconut oil, it helps my scalp.

I use Wen in replace of a Shampoo, I still DC as normal :)

One day I will use it as a Leave in but not today LOL.

I use Dudleys PCA

for more detail I went my hair down after putting it in 2 sections. I apply a large pump of Wen Fig (I have the gallon)to the scalp and length of my hair. So only one pump per section for me. message my scalp, then splash with water, work the length of my hair.

Leave it on for 8 mintues rinse, apply my Light protein rinse, DC, rinse apply leave ins.

My sister washes her hair with Wen SAM, leaves it in for 10 minutes, rinses and applies a little back in for leave in.

for more detail I went my hair down after putting it in 2 sections. I apply a large pump of Wen Fig (I have the gallon)to the scalp and length of my hair. So only one pump per section for me. message my scalp, then splash with water, work the length of my hair.

Leave it on for 8 mintues rinse, apply my Light protein rinse, DC, rinse apply leave ins.

My sister washes her hair with Wen SAM, leaves it in for 10 minutes, rinses and applies a little back in for leave in.

Where do you purchase the gallon size Wen?

I love WEN. I use it as a shampoo, DC and leave-in. What I typically do:

If I'm clarifying, I clarify first otherwise, I go straight to using the WEN. I use a couple of pumps to cover my whole head, rub in for a bit, then add a bit of water so it foams up a bit. I massage it in there for about three minutes, then rinse out. NOW, if I'm also using it as a DC that day, I will do what I previously did again, but leave it in and add another DC with it if I desire, throw on a plastic cap and either steam or sit under the dryer for however long I want. Once I rinse out, my hair is moisturized, soft and smooth. As for a leave-in, I apply 2 small pumps with whatever other leave-in I'm currently using.

When I join the other Relaxed WEN-Heads, I will:

Use it strictly as a Cowash and continue to follow my normal Regi (with DC/Steam) with another product.

I will wet hair, work into low-lather, allow to sit while I am getting my other products ready, come back & rinse. 10-15 minutes.

May do it twice as I would with any other Cowash conditioner

I plan to test it out this Summer, and will be trying 16 ounce bottles of

2 SAM
2 Fig
2 Pomegrante
2 Pumpkin Ginger
2 Vanilla Mint

So, this experiment will give me true findings on the product in general.

Currently, I have no plans to use it as a Leave-In or DC'er as I have other things to use up.

ETA: My plan is to do what JJamiah does.:yep:

Last edited:
That sounds like a good plan but IMO its harder to really see the impact of the WEN if you use multiple other products along with it. Part of my issue was between the leave-in, protectant, serum and moisturizer, I was creating product buildup on my hair which made it limp and greasy. I'm admittedly a WEN purist so others may disagree. I just use WEN and their styling product as a heat protectant (and coconut oil treatment as a prepoo). Nothing else. My hair is better for it.

For my hair Wen is just a conditioning cleanser and isn't strong enough on it's own. But then again neither is a shampoo or daily conditioner either. I have used Hair cleansers now for almost 3 years Hair One/Wen. Sulphate free over 3 years.

My sister doesn't use anything but the Wen but then again my sister doesn't ever DC.

I started using Wen in Sept with the TSV. I pre-poo with hair mayo or ORS Replenishing Con, rinse, apply Wen Pom, bathe, rinse, then apply 613, Ginger Pumpkin, or Winter Mint. I leave this in for 1 hr, rinse really well, then airdry. Every 3rd or 4th week I clarify with Suave Daily Clarifying Poo. My hair is very coarse, and feels moisturized for days!!!

tomorrow will be my WEN day...washing with SAM leave in for 10 mins rinse out with cold water ...oil rinse with co/evoo mix sit under driver for 20-30 mins then rinse then add 2-3 pumps as a leave in...good to go

I am so hooked on WEN!

I use it to cowash with during the last weeks of my relaxer stretch because it keeps my newgrowth soft and my previously relaxed hair nice and bouncy. :)

So far I've used:

Fall Ginger Pumpkin
Winter Vanilla Mint (My favorite!)
Sweet Almond Mint
Lavender

Here's my response from the other Relaxed WEN thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=564575

I LOVE it!!!!!

I cowashed with it tonight and I'm airdrying now. Here's what I did:

*Saturated my hair like no tomorrow.

*I used PLENTY of the conditioner and coated my hair from root to tip.

*Using my shower comb, I combed through my relaxed hair only - I didn't disturb my newgrowth just yet.

*I massaged and rubbed my scalp. By this time, I had a nice tingly feeling on my scalp.

*Then I put on a plastic cap and took care of my other shower duties.

*The rinsing step was a breeze! It was like I had no newgrowth (I'm almost 8 weeks post).

My hair feels amazing! It's so bouncy and feathery!!!

Yea for WEN!!!

Yay!:grin:I am washing this morning with WEN then DC with CON Moisture Extreme with Hot Six Oil then apply Wen as a leave in.

Be back with updates

It seems that most people air dry when using Wen. Is heat styling, e.g roller setting, blow drying, flat ironing, doable with the use of Wen?

I washed and I am not sure if I used enough. My my hair was hard to de-tangle and hard after u washed out the product.I had to put a leave-in to even begin combing my hair. But I will try again next week. I wonder if I can clarify with WEN and on my last wash use a moisture sulfate-free shampoo. I will try that next wash day to see if improves.

I have used the remoist after cleasing with the Wen and :lick: I love it. I love the oil and have the fig oil I love it it is great. I am going to have to pick up the Remoist Fig, I have only tried the SAM Re-moist and it made my hair so soft, I had so much slip it was rediculous.

YOu have to use enough Wen. If your having trouble use the recommended amount, make sure after rubbing add a splash of water. Also leave it in for a few minutes 5 minimum, the more you leave it in the better Chaz says. I love it!

YOu have to use enough Wen. If your having trouble use the recommended amount, make sure after rubbing add a splash of water. Also leave it in for a few minutes 5 minimum, the more you leave it in the better Chaz says. I love it!

Yes, that must have been the problem. I think that I didn't used enough. Ill use more next time. And ill detangle with a comb before I wash.

Last edited:
I dont think that I used enough ill try it again

I think we think it is too much, I know I did, it took me two months to get it right. I wasn't adding that splash of water and was using it alone. :rolleyes:
talk about not reading directions LOL

After I did it a few times correctly I knew what was enough and toooooo much or too little for me :)

Shampoo with Wen. Massage it in.
Comb through it with a detangling comb.

Twist my hair while I'm showering.

Rinse

Dc with Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor (sometimes under the dryer sometimes not) 5-30 min tops.

Dc with Wen

Rinse with warm then cool water

Add a pump of Wen for leave in. Spray a lop Aphogee Green Tea Spray and Infusium.

Apply a little Chi Silk Infusion

Blow Dry
Flat iron
Wrap

:look: Am I doing too much?

Back