Relaxed Ladies...anyone using Kid's Organics Shea Butter Detangler as a moisturizer??

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies!!!!!!

I know there are a few naturals out there that use this product and like it...just wondering if there are any relaxed ladies that use it as a moisturizer. A friend of mine was using this on her daughter the other day and the ingredient list was pretty impressive.

Let me know...thanks.

Me and my daughter both use it!!! Make hair soft and it smells nice. Can get sticky if you over use.

Re: Relaxed Ladies...anyone using Kid's Organics Shea Butter Detangler as a moisturiz

I use it too and I love it....it does a great job with detangling my hair (I'm transitioning).

Re: Relaxed Ladies...anyone using Kid's Organics Shea Butter Detangler as a moisturiz

I've used it on my relaxed hair as a moisturizer. Just use it lightly...it caused my straight hair to revert to wavy. Love the smell!!

toninatl said:
Me and my daughter both use it!!! Make hair soft and it smells nice. Can get sticky if you over use.

Yes, I learnd about that sticky part! lol It's okay. I would not repurchase it. (I have other moisturizers I love better.) I LOVE the smell of it.

Letitia said:
Yes, I learnd about that sticky part! lol It's okay. I would not repurchase it. (I have other moisturizers I love better.) I LOVE the smell of it.

I learned about the sticky part the hard way too and I thought it was just me. Glad to know I wasn't the only one. I stopped using it because of the stickiness.

I use it for detangling and I'm relaxed. I think it's one of the best detanglers but not for moisturizing though.

I love this stuff! Smell great, detangles, and softens! I use it as a leave-in, to detangle, and I apply to my ends before I bun.

:D I use this, it is on my top three list!

I love everything about it, and it detangles like nobodies business. I stretch my straight up 4-B hair up to 16 weeks using this stuff:cool:

For some reason, it feels good going on, but my hair absorbs it and barely leaves a trace that I even used it.:lol:

I like the smell and it does detangle well, the stickiness got to me after a while though. I think the shampoo is great also.

Where do you guys get your Kids Organics products from? I know walgreens.com carries the shea butter lotion and gro strong grease from that line.

Someone suggested it to me when I made a thread about how tangled my hair gets after a washing, now that I'm transitioning to texlaxed. It's really been the best detangler I've found, and it makes my hair really soft and has a nice scent! :o

I've found that it works best on wet hair though, and, like some of the other ladies mentioned, it's better for it's detangling benefits than for moisture. I don't really like using it on my dry hair because it makes my hair stick together.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
I use it for detangling and I'm relaxed. I think it's one of the best detanglers but not for moisturizing though.

Why do you think it's not a moisturizer?

ITA about the stickiness of it. It really isnt a good moisturizer for me or Babygirl but however it is a great detangler for us.

Last edited:
I just purchased this 3 weeks or so ago. I like it and it's nice as others have said but my pjism caused me to buy Kemi Shea Butter Cream Dress a week later and I like this too. I grab whichever one is nearest at the time.

Lawd.......so many choices.......:perplexed

I used to use this when I was relaxed. Not so much now that I'm natural. Its not heavy enough as a moisturizer for me. It also starts to smell like urine after you've had it for a while though. :ohwell:

bmoreflyygirl said:
I used to use this when I was relaxed. Not so much now that I'm natural. Its not heavy enough as a moisturizer for me. It also starts to smell like urine after you've had it for a while though. :ohwell:

Dayum urine yo???????? :lachen: :lachen:

Priestess said:
Where do you guys get your Kids Organics products from? I know walgreens.com carries the shea butter lotion and gro strong grease from that line.

They sell it at Target in my area. I stopped using it because of the sticky feeling but its great on my 8 month old sons hair. His hair is very dry and kinky.

krissyprissy said:
They sell it at Target in my area. I stopped using it because of the sticky feeling but its great on my 8 month old sons hair. His hair is very dry and kinky.

Thanks Krissyprissy. It sounds like the reviews on this product are kinda mixed... :look:

Anybody who wants to donate their unloved and unwanted bottles of Kids Organic Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizer and want them to having a loving home....please drop them off into the MonaLisa free shipping donation basket...

Thank you....and remember to give from the heart...

Med-Basket.jpg

Mona Lisa, it's official, we are product TWINS! I got my Shea Butter lotion today and applied a little on dry hair and it melted my "4 days of not combing" tangles away! It totally removes all friction from hair thereby preventing breakage. I know I just got it, but I am very excited about this product. The ingriedients are amazing, the scent yummy and I love that it comes in a huge bottle, lots of bang for the buck fo' sho! I love when my pjism leads me to great products. :D

Priestess said:
Mona Lisa, it's official, we are product TWINS! I got my Shea Butter lotion today and applied a little on dry hair and it melted my "4 days of not combing" tangles away! It totally removes all friction from hair thereby preventing breakage. I know I just got it, but I am very excited about this product. The ingriedients are amazing, the scent yummy and I love that it comes in a huge bottle, lots of bang for the buck fo' sho! I love when my pjism leads me to great products. :D

:lol: :lol: ....I'm laughing....because early this morning I was having my lil internal hair discussion with myself...:look: ...and I was like I need to talk to the dude at the BSS...and see if I can get a discount if I buy 12 bottles at one time. This is my stuff! I use it to moisturize, detangle and I mix it with my leave in. ;)

I just tried this stuff after cowashing 2 nights ago and it was great. My hair felt moisturized. I barely lost any hairs when I was detangling. I know it took me a long time to try this stuff but it worked great.

A client of mine uses the Scalp and Hair Headress (by Kids Organics), it's very creamy and rich. I used it in her hair last night before I weaved her hair and I loved how it made her hair feel and the sheen it gave to it. I'm going to pick that one up too. What I love best is that these products don't contain mineral oil or petrolatum. They even put a big sticker on the jars/bottles to let you know that those products aren't in them.

Going to pick this up at the BSS at lunch time!

i use this product too: especially if I have lots of new growth: i'll use in the shower to detangle my ng so I can comb it out smoothly

Back