Relaxed - How straight is your Texture

How straight are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duff

I just thought of something that might help others. how straight is your relaxed hair? I know some people are barely texlaxed and others are bone straight relaxed. there is a difference when it comes to products, styles, air drying, heat......

100% Natural------------------------100% Relaxed
|------|----------------------------------------------|

I am here. I'm also med dense fine hair

made a poll.....

Last edited:
Yea im transistioning from bone straight to texlaxed. But im not as textured as u. I just keep it slightly wavy. I noticed that the more textured my hair is the morw i can use heavier products. But my bone straight hair air dried better

Bone straight the first two weeks, then texlaxed, styles easily to bone straight if I dry it in a pony tail. I like it. My hair's fuller now I'm too lazy to wet wrap weekly under the dryer.

Honestly my hair isn't very straight. I'm texlaxed and leave alot of my natural texture in my hair. My neighbor, who is natural, swore up and down that I was natural as well. Most of the time she sees me when my hair is air dried or just blown out with no flat iron.

Texturized. My hair is highly textured. Everyone thinks I am natural and I have gotten tired of explaining the difference between bone straight, texturized and natural hair..so I just say thank you and kim.

Last edited:
I'm partially bone straight, mildly texlaxed and moderately texlaxed. Since I have started doing my own hair, I feel moderate texlaxing is the best vs bone straight. Stylists have always gotten my hair bone straight but this thinned out my hair~NOT COOL! My hair has been 10'x more healthier since I have been doing it and coming to LHCF. Stylists are a thing of the past!

I'm about 25 % texlaxed and I still have about 4 inches of bone straight ends. My hair is so much healthier, grows better and is stronger. I need highly moisturizing products that are fairly heavy (not b/c of the relaxer but my hair is already naturally dry then add the thickness and density of my hair and woo!) It get's really straight with the heat. haven't seen a stylist since I began I year and 5 months ago.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Last edited:
I'm about 25 % texlaxed and I still have about 4 inches of bone straight ends. My hair is so much healthier, grows better and is stronger. I need highly moisturizing products that are fairly heavy (not b/c of the relaxer but my hair is already naturally dry then add the thickness and density of my hair and woo!) It get's really straight with the heat. haven't seen a stylist since I began I year and 5 months ago.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

that is where I think I'm going to try to be after my relaxer today or just slightly straighter.
eta. you removed your line were you were. I'm going to be closer to 40-55%

Last edited:
id say im around 50% relaxed. its ok for now but i think i would like to be around 60-70% relaxed.

I voted 10-25%, but I intend to go back to 90-100% because it's been a daily struggle, and I'm not ready to BC.

I'm on my phone so I can't see the poll. But I am abt 70% just texlaxed although it's unintentional lol. Still getting the hang of self relaxing. But I would like to be bone straight. My hair is very tangly and prone to knots when it has texture :-/

ETA: scratch that. More like 80% texlaxed, 15% straight, and 5% new growth

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm on my phone too. But I'm very very texlaxed. 10%....... I might as well be natural. I have all the fragility of chemically treated hair, but all the work (ssk's, wash in braids, detangling) of natural hair.

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

I voted 35-50%. When I started relaxing my own hair, I was underprocessed each time..which I wish I did this since I started relaxing. But my ends are still bone straight.

I'm very low maintenance with my hair and like the fact that I am pretty much bonelaxed. However I was considering transitioning to texlaxed, but it seems as though I'm in good company with you ladies so I might as well stick to what I'm doing or just rinse out the relaxer a lil' bit earlier..

Last edited:
When my hair is freshly relaxed its all the way straight. After a few weeks not so much :ohwell: I get mistaken for natural all the time though. I dont think I will ever texlax. When I put forth the effort of getting the relaxer its for maximal results

I'm surprised by the poll I thought I would be in the minority at 90-100%

ETA: Ah I see...not that many people have voted yet.

I voted "25%-35%" and I never use direct heat, so people usually assume that I'm natural. I have a lot of my natural texture (which I like) with ease of styling (which I really like)..best of both worlds! I don't think I ever have a "bad hair day."

I relaxed my own hair last time and I am seriously underprocessed. My roots are about 35 to 50% straight, the middle part of my hair is more like 75% straight and the ends are bone straight. I keep going back and forth over whether or not I want to correct the really underprocessed part.

I voted 10-25%. I just ended a ten month stretch. That's the longest I've ever done and I could have continued. I realized I needed just a bit of help with my texture. I never liked being bone straight and loved my wavy roots.
I love that I have learned how to properly texlax. It seems my stylists never knew how to do this and always said that under processing was going to break my hair off. So they forced me to bone straight. My face just looks better with texture around it. Long and straight doesn't do me any justice.

My hair is very curly/textured/texlaxed. I never meant to texlax, but when I started self-relaxing, I could never get my hair bone straight. Eventually, I just went with it. Even if my hair seems pretty straight after a relaxer, as I stretch it seems to revert.

All of my bone straight hair is gone, probably broken off, but I have no splits because I trim often.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

I'm texlaxed. Somewhere in the 25% to 50% range. Like others, I get mistaken for a natural because I still have a lot of texture, but I just dont know how to manage my natural 4c texture. My hair is a lot healthier since I started texlaxing, and I'm not sure I'd ever give that up (although I really want straighter hair sometimes, just so it's easier to manage).

I have about 4' of bone straight ends, the rest is texlaxed... I love the texture left in my hair now...

from the roots to the middle of my hair its very textured/curly however my ends are bone straight because my old stylist used to relax my whole head each time i would go for a touch up. when i reach WL i plan on getting the bone straight ends cut off

Back