Relaxed Henna Users....

kbragg

I've been wanting to try Henna, but don't want to go red again. Can I get the same strengthening effects WITHOUT letting it "cure" and letting the dye release? Like can I mix it and apply it right then and there and get the same strengthening effects? How red will it go if I do let it cure?

kbragg said:
I've been wanting to try Henna, but don't want to go red again. Can I get the same strengthening effects WITHOUT letting it "cure" and letting the dye release? Like can I mix it and apply it right then and there and get the same strengthening effects? How red will it go if I do let it cure?

OK, here is the thing with henna - henna is red, it will release some color. If you don't want it to release as much, you can mix with warm water and immediately apply to your hair

or

you can mix the henna, let it sit for 12 hrs, mix a bit of indigo with hot water, let it sit for 1-2 min, add it to the mix and apply for a nice brown.

I just did a strand test last night adn got no color. I did one part henna and 2 parts cassia. I did use it right away and let it sit for 1 hour. No color.

Or you can do the two step method:

apply the henna to your hair first for say, 30 minutes to an hour or so...then mix up your indigo, apply that to your hair for an hour, and your hair will come out shiny JET BLACK. :D

WomanlyCharm said:
Or you can do the two step method:

apply the henna to your hair first for say, 30 minutes to an hour or so...then mix up your indigo, apply that to your hair for an hour, and your hair will come out shiny JET BLACK. :D

WC, do you apply the indigo on top of the henna that's already on your hair?

bgsix said:
WC, do you apply the indigo on top of the henna that's already on your hair?

Nope, rinse the henna out then slap the indigo on there, at least that's how I did it. If you use a heat cap with both, it takes even less time.

sareca said:
The strengthening effect is the same. Only the color changes w/ time.

I am relaxed and tried a henna/indigo mix for the first time last night. Here's what I did

1. Mixed henna let sit over night and all day at work
strand test soaked in henna while at work-came out too red! So...I
2. Mixed indigo let sit for 5-10 mins
3. Mixed 2tbs alma powder. put in microwave for 15 sec
4. Mixed all 3 together and applied to my hair let sit for 2 1/2-3 hrs

My hair came out dark brown. I can tell my hair is a different color but it is not drastic enough to be seen yet. I plan on repeating this process next week for a stronger color. I'm not in love with it yet. But I can see the potential benefit.

F

HoneyDew said:
I just did a strand test last night adn got no color. I did one part henna and 2 parts cassia. I did use it right away and let it sit for 1 hour. No color.

Hmmm... very interesting. :sekret: I'm going to have to add cassia to my list. Right now I'm trying to go back red, but when I'm bored with it going to try this. Thanks HoneyDew.

Nita81 said:
Cassia is good if you don't want any color at all.

That's what I want. The strengthening and shine and no color. Is cassia simpler to apply? Not all of that mixing and waiting...?

Man oh man I wanna try henna so darn bad it just seems like so much work. I would really love some red in my life.
Is it really alot of work yawl or am I just being a lazy a$$?:lol:

Is henna harmless? meaning as long as you use BAQ henna you wont get any damage? because I see a lot of people are using almost every week or every two weeks which I dont think you can do with a regular dye. And it doesn't penetrate the cortex it just coats the strands right? And is it permanent? Thanks.

e$h said:
Man oh man I wanna try henna so darn bad it just seems like so much work. I would really love some red in my life.
Is it really alot of work yawl or am I just being a lazy a$$?:lol:

You're being a lazy a$$ :lachen: :lachen: There is not much work I promise. It's like doing a pre-poo. Alls you do is mix it up and put it on your hair. Then wash and condition like usual. The benfits are way too good to pass up. GO for it. :D

Armyqt said:
You're being a lazy a$$ :lachen: :lachen: There is not much work I promise. It's like doing a pre-poo. Alls you do is mix it up and put it on your hair. Then wash and condition like usual. The benfits are way too good to pass up. GO for it. :D

Yeah that's what I thought.:lachen:
I think I will invest.
Thanks Armyqt!

Back