Relaxed henna heads! Are you still doing protein treatments prior to relaxing?

alexstin

I keep going back and forth on whether I should do a protein treatment a week prior to relaxing or a henna treatment.

I know Softresses has a a good experience doing henna prior to. What's everybody else doing?:)

I recently did a henna treatment 2 days before my relaxer and have planned to do another on tomorrow. That my "pre-perm strength treatment".

How soon before your touch up are ypu guys doing protein or henna treatments? I have to get a touch up in like 2 weeks so i wanted to know when i should do my treatments.

I don't do protein just before relaxing, but I do alternate my Henna treatments with protein rinses using Joico K-pak or Aphogee 2 min Keratin. By "rinse", I mean that I don't deep condition with them. I just leave them on for a few min and then rinse.

Sometimes, I will do a protein pre-poo instead, depending on how I feel. This seems to be working for me.

Henna alone, was not enough for me. My hair was getting over moisturized and too soft.

sareca said:
Yes, I don't consider henna a substitute for protein.

Ditto! I still do the strong Aphogee treatment (at least one hour with high heat) followed by a deep conditioner and Porosity Control. I have to do this every 6 weeks, and I alternate my hennas around this schedule. I will still get shedding if I slack on my protein treatments.

Back