Relaxed Heads: Where do you buy your relaxer?

Where do you buy your relaxers?

• eBay

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Amazon

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Sally's

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Drugstore (Walgreens, CVS, etc.)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Random BSS

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Other - Please List

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

sunnieb

And what relaxer do you buy?

I only relax 3x a year now, so I have plenty of time to shop around for the best price. I usually buy my Design Essentials Sensative Scalp relaxer on eBay, but I'm open to other sites if ya'll know of any. :look:

Any relaxer sales happening? Post 'em!

I use Optimum Salon Care Relaxer in a box... I wait till I get a bunch of Sally's coupons... I generally relax 6 times a yr.. but I'm now shooting for 4...

I use linage shea butter texturizer & I buy mines from amazon.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I go to Sleekhair.com to purchase my Linanage Shea Butter Relaxer (by Alter Ego). The reason why I go there is because I earn points for each purchase I make and even additional points for providing product reviews and answering other customers' questions regarding products. I recently received a $10.00 off coupon from them because of the points that I earned... basically, I paid $4.00 for my relaxer :yay:

ORS regular lye at Sally's. Bought a small jar of it last year, and I still have some left from it, since I've only relaxed my hair twice since October. I'll use the last of it up next month and think about whether I want to try something different.

The Vendor I currently buy from on ebay also sells on Amazon and I have bought things from her both places.

I've also purchased Mizani & Affirm from Beauty of New York & Bluebeez. When I used Linange, I also bought it from Beauty of New York and/Bluebeez.

Ebay because the BSS's in my city like to charge a arm, a leg, and 3 ankles for Linange products. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

I use no lye so I usually go to Sally's. I'm a bit paranoid about buying my relaxers online. I know people do it all the time, but still.

I use Mizani Lye and it all cost the same in NYC. On amazon, its either the same price or more. On other sites, if they do charge a little less, shipping trumps all.

When I used ORS, the price changed depending on where I went. Linange, I bought once and never used it on myself, but I hear so much about it I might try it. Anyway, Linange always cost the same regardless of where you go, the trouble is finding it. It's almost like a specialty item.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Mizani butter blends sensitive scalp from my local beauty supply. I relax about 4 times a year

Mizani butter blends sensitive scalp from my local beauty supply. I relax about 4 times a year

I have to buy my MBB sensitive scalp from Amazon because my local BSS will not sell it to the public, only licensed stylists. I relax 4 times a year. They sell it in a 4 pack. So I only purchase once a year.

I've been a Design Essential lye relaxed girl for the past year, but I really like how ORS lye gently relaxes and leaves some texture so I think I'll do it myself this weekend. I'll usually get it from my local BSS, but now I'm looking into this Linange relaxer. Is it lye? Price looks reasonable on Amazon.

Usually Walgreens...I have been texturized since November 2012 I think. I am halfway transitioned from bone straight relaxed

I have been using the Just For Me texture softener

I get my ORS lye- Extra Strength from the regular BSS. It costs 8.99 a jar but they also have the huge salon size tub for 27.99 that I've been thinking about getting. Does relaxer go bad after a while?

I get my ORS lye- Extra Strength from the regular BSS. It costs 8.99 a jar but they also have the huge salon size tub for 27.99 that I've been thinking about getting. Does relaxer go bad after a while?
PuddingPop

After sifting through old threads, this is what I found: Lye relaxers can last 6-24 months, depending on the brand, how often you use it, and how you store it. Taking out only what you need when you relax and keeping the rest in the fridge will extend its shelf life. I would call ORS, or ask the people at the BSS you buy it from, and see what they recommend.

Back