Relaxed Heads that use Aubrey Organics or

...other natural hair care lines, how is it working for you? I need major detangling help so a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner are key!

-How has your experience been?
-What specific products would you suggest?
-Do these products work when stretching relaxers?

Lots of relaxed heads on the board used to use AO's GPB as a light protein conditioner. You can probably do a search for reviews. For some reason it always made my hair too soft. I do use and like Giovanni Direct leave-in conditioner.

I'm relaxed and I use Giovanni Direct Leave-in. It's a wonderful detangler & leave-in. I also use the J/A/S/O/N line. I just got Audrey's GBP so I have no report for that one.

At the reccomendation of TSmith I use the Giovanni Direct leave- in and Aubrey Organics GPB.....Its okay, seems to work. Not a raving product but thats probably because I used to many others in conjunction with them...

With the Giovanni Direct I used it and then rollerset my hair I will say it feels soft and moisturized :look:

...other natural hair care lines, how is it working for you? I need major detangling help so a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner are key!

-How has your experience been? I use AO GPB, AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, and Giovanni Direct Leave in. AO GPB...not sure because I think I've been on protein overload but seems like a nice product. Honeysuckly Rose, I like it a lot! And love Giovanni Direct Leave In. Its very light and seems to melt into the hair and gives my hair slip.
-What specific products would you suggest? Those are the only ones I can vouch for. The AO shampoos were horrible for my hair...very drying.
-Do these products work when stretching relaxers? I would think so. I use them on a regular basis.

My answers are in pink.:yawn:

i love Aubrey conditioners:
GPB-light protein... LOVE THIS STUFF!!!
Honeysuckle Rose-moisturizes & smells great
White Camelia-moisturizes

i love Jason conditioners:
Sea Kelp-poo & con...moisturizing
Biotin-poo & con...strenghtening
Tall Grass high protein-light protein
Damage Control-THIS STUFF IS GREAT!! detangles, moisturizes, and strenghtens

Giovanni direct leave-in- detangles & moisturizes

Last edited:
Well, I'm texlaxed and I love Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose moisturizing conditioner. It moisturizes well and smells great. I don't care for the Giovanni line. I used the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in once and my hair felt horrible after it dried.

I have had great experiences with the natural products that I have tried. I have never tired natural shampoos because I heard they can be drying but I also have read that diluting them fixes the dryness issues.

The products I suggest

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle and Rose conditioner- This has a nice floral smell, a little strong but it leave my hair smelling fresh. It is a creamy moisturizing conditioner and it helps detangle as well. I find that all of the aubrey moisutrizing conditioners work well for me whether I am 1 week post relaxer or 10 weeks post relaxer.

Aubrey Organics Camellia oil conditioner and Island Spice conditioner- THe camellia has a strong floral smell and is super moisutrizing. It leave my hair felling very soft and smooth. The island spice has a spicy scent that almost reminds me of a milder old spice. I don't like this one as much when I use it by itself but this is the BEST conditioner after a heavy protein treatment. I won't do a heavy protein treatment with out having this on hand.

Aubrey Organics GPB- this is a light protein conditioner. It is pearly white and has a unique smell. I love the smell but some people don't like it. It gives a nice dose of protein and I really like it as a pre-poo.

Giovanni Direct leave in- I only use this leave in after I hit the 4 week post mark. I really helps detangle my newgrowth and makes rollersetting alot easier when I have alot of newgrowth. It doesn't work as well for me freshly relaxed. It is the only leave in I use though after the 4 week post mark.

Im relaxed & I have used the AO Honeysuckle Rose & the GPB. I really like them both but currently im only using the Honeysuckle Rose as a pre poo. I find it to be really moisturizing and when I used it after my shampoo it did have slip too.
I never gone go longer than 8-10 weeks between relaxers & they both work fine. HTH

I use J/A/S/O/N Sea kelp shampoo... and Aubrey's Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner... I love them...
J/A/S/O/N Sea kelp shampoo leaves my hair clean and soft not stripped and rough
Aubrey's Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner this is my moisture only conditioner...it is very moisturizing, creamy and rich...smells nice

I am a big fan of Aubrey Organics and Giovanni Direct Leave-In. I am very pleased with AO's conditioners! I use Honeysuckle Rose and GPB. I am one of the rare individuals that uses the shampoo in Honeysuckle Rose. I also use their Aloe Essence Clarifying shampoo. It is currently discontinued but I can still order it from herbalhut.com

I copied and pasted this from my fotki journal, hope this helps

Im am badly underprocessed due to the Motion's Salons Herbal Line and detangling is a big chore as my hair matts together. I did a pre-poo with Keracare Essential Oils and at first the Giovanni Magnetic Shampoo wouldnt lather, so I though great, another product to give away! Then it did lather the second time round and once I rinsed it, it felt clean and soft but not stripped. I undid my braids with my fingers (I wash in 10 braids) and usually at this point it is tangled or stuck together, but I was quite shocked that this time it wasn't. I then added the Giovanni Magnetic Conditioner and it felt soft on contact, but still I was sceptikal as this happens with most conditioners and after you rinse them out, the softness disappears with it. I went under the steamer for 10 mins with it and when I rinsed it out it was still very soft. It wasnt as tangled as it normally is with Keracare. I then added the Giovanni Direct Leave In, and the comb glided through, I couldnt believe it. The Giovanni Frizz Be Gone was then added to each section I rollerset and the comb again glided through, I normally have to fight the rattail comb through, but these products are amazing! It was so soft after it dried under the dryer, a bit heavier than I'd liked but very healthy, soft and manageable. This softness lasted for over a week and a half with no extra product added!I couldnt have wished for more.

Since this time I have also used the Tea Tree Shampoo to claify, it is a little harsh but I normally follow up with the Magnetic Shampoo and Conditioner and then its soft and super clean. I have tried the 50:50, but it is still not as soft as the Smooth As Silk or Magnetic lines. I am super happy with Giovanni, I plan never to stray....

:bump:

Anymore reviews for natural and or organic products?

So far it looks like AO honey suckle and rose ans Giovanni Direct leave in are tops.

Giovanni Direct Leave-in has been a constant staple for me. I also like Shescentit's fortifying mask, green grape leave in and ABBA Moisture Scentsation (sp) shampoo and conditioners. As mentioned before AO Honeysuckle Rose is great and so is GBP.

AO conditioners are the best! The poo...:perplexed...that's another story. I love GPB and White Camellia. I've tried Honeysuckle Rose, but I can't remember whether I liked it or not, so I will try it again. I have heard rave reviews about it though. I am going to try adding some Jojoba Oil or something to my poo, so I don't waste it, but as-is it seems very drying and leaves my hair a tangled mess. I stretched for 6 months and my co-washes were always done with AO conditioners. Detangling was a breeze and my hair loved it!

ETA: I've also used the Island Naturals con, and I'm on the fence... It had a spicey kind of smell, which was fine, but my hair seemed to shed right after using it. I'm scared to try it again.

Last edited:
:bump:

Anymore reviews for natural and or organic products?

So far it looks like AO honey suckle and rose ans Giovanni Direct leave in are tops.

I really, really like the AO honeysuckle and island natural conditioners for deep conditioning. My hair feels/is very very soft after I use one of them. It doesn't have that coating feeling. I've only been using it for the past month and a half (I'm a newbie :)), so I don't have a long term review. However, I will say, that my 6-7 week NG, felt really moisturized as well.

Last wash, I tried out the ABBA moisture shampoo. I liked it a lot, b/c of the tingling. I used it after NTM dry scalp shampoo. It was less stripping than the Organix Coconut Shampoo that I usually use after the NTM dry scalp shampoo.

I haven't used all of them when ng is a factor, but Aubrey's did detangle for me used as a dc as stated on the bottle.Aubrey shampoos were horrible for me. Maybe they are best used after using the conditioner

I can only suggest what I have tried
Jason Biotin shampoo is pretty good, but the sea kelp is supposed to be much better at moisturizing.
Jason Biotin conditioner- Good for dry/itchy scalp, was very moisturizing to me, but is strengthening.
Aubrey Organics Swimmers conditioner
Abba Moisture Scentsations poo/con- were really good for my newgrowth
Giovanni Triple Treat poo/con-good for scalp issues- had to f/u w/ moisture
Giovanni Direct leave in-pretty decent, used on dry hair.

I am not a stretcher per se, every 8-10 weeks. I have used the ABBA poo/con with a massive amt of ng and they did it justice.

Answers in green

AO conditioners are the best! The poo...:perplexed...that's another story. I love GPB and White Camellia. I've tried Honeysuckle Rose, but I can't remember whether I liked it or not, so I will try it again. I have heard rave reviews about it though. I am going to try adding some Jojoba Oil or something to my poo, so I don't waste it, but as-is it seems very drying and leaves my hair a tangled mess. I stretched for 6 months and my co-washes were always done with AO conditioners. Detangling was a breeze and my hair loved it!

What was your experience with the shampoo, if you don't mind sharing? I just got the AO shampoo and conditioner (Honeysuckle Rose).

What was your experience with the shampoo, if you don't mind sharing? I just got the AO shampoo and conditioner (Honeysuckle Rose).

I tried the Honeysuckle Rose poo, and I couldn't do anything with my hair. My hair became a hard, tangled mess. I had to follow it up with Aveda DR poo just to try to get my Jilbere thru my hair. That was still a little difficult, but with some help from lots and lots of conditioner, I avoided a disaster.

I swear by the giovanni direct leave in. I'm texlex so this helps with tangles and stuff. I notice using herbal or organic products has helped my hair a lot.

Back