Relaxed Heads - - Styling Options for the Spring/Summer?

I'm thinking of getting some braids for the summer. I'm trying to stretch my relaxer thru summer if I can. The humidity in Cincinnati can be rather NASTY! (80-90% humidity levels YUCK!!!) My relaxed hair goes......POOF! :blush::lachen:

ah yes. ohio knows no such thing as spring. ;)

i'm tempted to hide my hair under braids but i wore that look for so long. i'd like to try something new. i've never worn a full sew in weave before. but i wonder if the weave is a lot more to maintain. i wore a partial once and had lots of breakage after. i had hair out in between tracks. dumb of me.

The spring and summer times are my growth phaze and I don't like to waste the time playing too much with my hair, so I tend to always do some sort of protective style where I don't touch it so much, like braids and cornrows. I would continue to do this throughout the summer into the fall months sometimes as well, depending on how hot is still is:yep:.

I will continue to wear my half wig 4 days a week, wash once a week, moisturize twice a week and put some growth aid on my scalp once a week. I was planning on doing a BKT next weekend but I'm going to push that out to first weekend in May since I just got a perm. My hair should fully recover from the braids setback by my July.

I'm relying heavily on braids/braid-outs. I don't like bunning too much when it's hot for some reason. 5/6 days a week I wear my hair in braids, and on the week-ends I wear braid-outs.

I'll be deep conditioning every other day and doing wash n go's all summer.

Sometimes I'll wear that wash n go down, sometimes I'll wear that wash n go up... But that's my final verdict. LOL I'll probably occasionally flat iron it out though, guessing once per month.

My hair will be saying goodbye for awhile and back into braids. I have been doing this for the last 3 summers and it gives my hair a rest. I am texlaxed and this will help me fight that urge to relax. I am coming up on 15 weeks and want to hang in there until the end of the month and I will braid. The last time I held out was 29 weeks before i relaxed.

I love having it in braids because I will dunk cold water on my hair if I am too hot and it instantly helps cool me down. I do the C & G method and got very good growth with minimal tangling/shedding.

please enlighten me. what does BKT mean? :)

Sorry for the delay, just saw your question. BKT is Brazilian Keratin Treatment; it's asemi-permanent process that washes out over time. There are a few ladies here who have done it many times. It's great for combatting frizz, and it's supposed to cut your styling time way down. During the process the hair is flatironed straight (although there are some who only want to loosen the curl), but you can wear curls or whatever you want after your first shampoo. HTH.

Back