Relaxed Heads-Qhemet Leave-in; Redken Anti-Snap, Jane Carter, HE LTR??

Smiley79

Qhemet Leave-in; Redken Anti-Snap, Jane Carter, HE LTR??

:help: Yea, I'm stirring up debate again. My quest for a really goood leave-in continues, and I'm interested in giving the Qhemet brand, Herbal Essense LTR, Redken Anti-Snap Leave-in or the Jane Carter line's leave-inline a shot at their leave-in products after reading a consistent amount of favorable experiences from many of you....BUT...I'm a bit torn as to which one of their products is best as leave-in on relaxed hair (I think I'm type 4a?? :spinning:). I don't know much about these company overall but I like the reviews that I'm reading so far. I'm in search of something that leaves my hair feeling oh-so good:lick: when I airdry or however way I set my hair. Relaxed head users...I would appreciate some more precise feedback on the above leave-in of your choice (including the exact kind), why you like it, how you use it and how it leaves your hair feeling. There are past posts about them, but I'd like some more recent opinions from those who have used these leave-ins for a while now.

Thanks ladies in advance for your feedback. Am I the only one who's taking forever to find the right leave-in. Please bare with me as I get through this:spinning:; I hope to go into '09 with an awesome leave-in that can give me consistent results for my relaxed hair. :detective:

Peace out Divas!!!

Last edited:
:crying3: boo hoo...nobody loves me anymore. The newbie has overextened her "leave-in" questions for 2008. lol. j/k....hope to hear from some one...it's kindof lonely in here by myself.:rolleyes:

Hey Smiley! :lol:

I've tried Qhemet Olive & Honey Balm and it made my hair uber soft. I also love that it smells just like honey.... Cause it has so much honey in it :giggle:

LTR is the bidness! But you have to use it sparingly because your hair WILL airdry hard and stiff if you use too much. I adore the scent

I've tried GVP Anti-Snap, but didn't use it alone. I mixed it with Salerm 21 b5 and my hair came out strong and soft. I like it so far. Next time I wash, I'll use it alone. I'm pretty positive I'll like it :D

Haven't tried Jane Carter.... YET! :lachen:

I've only used the Qhemet line of products and the Jane Carter spray leave-in. I love Qhemet. If you want something to moisturize your straight hair without being too heavy, I would recommend the Burdock Root because its soft, pliable and can help those roots for when your stretching your relaxers. If you ever decide to go natural, it is also good for shingling curls before applying a hold product. I've never used Redken's leave-ins or moisturizers.

You know who else makes great products? She Scent It. Try the Gillian butter because the Seyani is slightly heavy. I think Gillian might have a softer consistency.

Man oh man Tiffers...I was hoping you was out runnin' errands or someting. I was thiisssss close. lol!!! j/k. As always thanks for the feedback.

T: let me know how that comes out when you use it alone. I've heard some good abouthe Qhemet but u gotta order it online (i'm so impatient). LTR, thanks god you told me to use it sparingly because I think I'm heavy handed when it comes to products.

Shescentit's Gillian Butter is good! I like the consistancy and ingredients better than Seyani Butter :yep:

I've only used the Qhemet line of products and the Jane Carter spray leave-in. I love Qhemet. If you want something to moisturize your straight hair without being too heavy, I would recommend the Burdock Root because its soft, pliable and can help those roots for when your stretching your relaxers. If you ever decide to go natural, it is also good for shingling curls before applying a hold product. I've never used Redken's leave-ins or moisturizers.

You know who else makes great products? She Scent It. Try the Gillian butter because the Seyani is slightly heavy. I think Gillian might have a softer consistency.

I think that is a good adjective for it. You can get it on your hair and down to the roots easily. This is the problem I am having with the new Detangling Ghee that Qhemet has. My wet hair needs something pliable and the ghee is not that, for me at least.

Brave: I've read the most about the Burdock. How and how much did you use?

It depends on what look you're trying to achieve. When I am braiding my hair, I tend to use a lot. But, remember, I'm almost 6 mos. post.:look: If you're trying to style your freshly relaxed hair in a rollerset, apply it to your hair wet and use about a dime size. I suggest using it on wet hair because its easier to distribute that way.
If your doing a bun with your ends tucked under or an updo, I would use a a little more. As you go longer without a relaxer and you start to see more new growth, you'll probably need more of the product on your hair. You don't have to apply it everyday, either, unless you co-wash everyday. You can sleep in a shower cap at night or spritz with water to feel the benefits.

Hey Smiley! :lol:

I've tried Qhemet Olive & Honey Balm and it made my hair uber soft. I also love that it smells just like honey.... Cause it has so much honey in it :giggle:

LTR is the bidness! But you have to use it sparingly because your hair WILL airdry hard and stiff if you use too much. I adore the scent

I've tried GVP Anti-Snap, but didn't use it alone. I mixed it with Salerm 21 b5 and my hair came out strong and soft. I like it so far. Next time I wash, I'll use it alone. I'm pretty positive I'll like it :D

Haven't tried Jane Carter.... YET! :lachen:

does the smell linger after you dry?

i've only used the jane carter and i really liked it, don't know why i stopped using it (pj?). it really detangles well and its light so it gives you an airy rollerset. its also a reasonable price... and you can get the salon size if you decide its a staple in most beauty supply stores. i've never tried the anti-snap because i'm pretty sure it has protein and my hair is really sensitive to protein. there are tons of reviews on ltr, i even think there is a whole thread. i'll do a search.

does the smell linger after you dry?

i've only used the jane carter and i really liked it, don't know why i stopped using it (pj?). it really detangles well and its light so it gives you an airy rollerset. its also a reasonable price... and you can get the salon size if you decide its a staple in most beauty supply stores. i've never tried the anti-snap because i'm pretty sure it has protein and my hair is really sensitive to protein. there are tons of reviews on ltr, i even think there is a whole thread. i'll do a search.

Yep, the smell lingers for a long time :lick:

LTR - I agree, when used sparingly, it is a beautiful thing. :yep:

Anti-snap - I've only used this before using head (blowdryer). It definitely makes my hair strong. I dunno how it would work with airdried hair, but typically protein rich leave-in's don't do well when used with airdrying.

ORS Replenish - Yes I know it's a conditioner. But Tenjoy put me up on that and MAN. It's the ish. :D Use sparingly also.

Salerm 21 - Another honorable mention.

HTH. :)

ooohhh... that's good to know becaue I do blowdry sometimes too. I fogor about Salerm 21; I've read a lot of good feedbacks about that one too. Is it good for relaxed heads?

Ok, so so far I'm feeling the Anti-Snap for blow drying days; The HE LTR, The Qhemet and Jane Carter for regular and airdrying days (I'll try one at a time until I hit GOLD.)

Thx so far everyone.

LTR - I agree, when used sparingly, it is a beautiful thing. :yep:

Anti-snap - I've only used this before using head (blowdryer). It definitely makes my hair strong. I dunno how it would work with airdried hair, but typically protein rich leave-in's don't do well when used with airdrying.

ORS Replenish - Yes I know it's a conditioner. But Tenjoy put me up on that and MAN. It's the ish. :D Use sparingly also.

Salerm 21 - Another honorable mention.

HTH. :)

Back