Relaxed heads! I give my hat to you!

MsLizziA

So the sister that i am always complaining about FINALLY came around and let me in her hair. Well from my own experience of blow drying my hair, she has some new growth so i knew what to do it. I used the tension method with the concentration nozzle.

Yall all know that im natural. I think yall been around long enough to know that. But i gracefully bowdown to you relaxed heads for stretching. MAN i am worn out after blowdrying this girl. If i had to CONSTANTLY do that to my own hair, well, my hair would be sh$t outta luck because ain't know way in hell ima do that more than once in a months time frame. That is tedious!

Yall got some patients on yall. See us naturals could always go to a wash n go, but to stretch and have to blow dry that every week... to h e double hockey sticks to that...

I'd think that if all the relaxed heads blew out their roots every week, there may not be so many healthy heads...:look:
When I was relaxed, towards the end I was stretching 6 months, 3-4 months was always standard for me. I never blow dried that often.
She could always rollerset, bantu-knot-out, braid out, or just airdry and flat iron her roots. That may be easier and better for the health of her hair.:yep:

Last edited:
And I use a Hooded Dryer and dry about 80%.:yep:

Don't own a Blow-dryer.

Very nice of you to do yours Sis' Hair tho'.:yep:

lol Well I don't blowdry anymore. And when I used to blowdry, it was back when I was getting relaxers every 6-10 weeks and only washing once a month....I dont know many relaxed heads that blowdry often

I am relaxed, but transitioning and I air dry. Plus, I would never use heat on my hair weekly. No way.

I think that you've made an assumption about how many women with relaxers handle their hair, specifically their new growth. LOL! I don't that many with healthy relaxed hair are blow drying every week...

Doesn't need to be straight roots can smooth down edges if you want too

^^ oh I can imagine how much time it would take to blow out roots, i would justt use flat iron

I don't really need my roots to be straight. I let my hair do what is does naturally at the roots. Its going up in a pony anyway. I just make sure to keep it moisturized and I am good to go.

There are many tedious things women with natural hair have to do as well. With AA hair we need patience as a whole. Relaxed OR natural!

There are many tedious things women with natural hair have to do as well. With AA hair we need patience as a whole. Relaxed OR natural!

IA. I invest more time into my natural hair than I did with my relaxed hair. I cannot default to a WNGs unless I want a prolonged detangling session and possible SSKs and tangles. So stretched styles are my go-to.

I am 17 weeks post. My goal is not to get my roots straight but managable. I can't remember the last time I picked up a blow dryer. I normally rollerset my hair and smooth my edges. Most people can't tell that I have a butt load of new growth sitting on my head.

Lol, the same could be said for natural ladies who twist their hair, or who put in pixie braids.
Lord knows I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd be walking around looking like Coolio.

That's exactly why some people are relaxed and some are natural...it all depends on what we are individually able to do. :yep:

The healthiest relaxed heads I've seen mostly air-dry.

Have you tried doing braid-outs/flat-twist outs on her? It stretches the new growth which lessens tangles and its better for the hair.

Also when she starts getting alot of new growth you should try doing ponytail rollersets....its healthier for her hair then blowdrying and it provides smoother results where you just lightly flat iron the bumps outta the roots.

See us naturals could always go to a wash n go, but to stretch and have to blow dry that every week... to h e double hockey sticks to that...

This is assuming that all stretchers need to use direct heat to continue a stretch, which isn't the case.

I have stretched for over a year now and have NEVER blow dried my hair.

sorry, I have relaxed hair and i agree with the op... maybe its just the type of hair I have but the drying part is tedious... rollerset = tedious... air dry= tedious... sorry, it would be pretty cool to just wash my hair and have it dry in the style I want it in.. but I do like having my hair straight- so its worth it to me... tedious, yes, but worth.. oh hell yes :)

I am actually natural now...but when I was relaxed I didn't even own a blow dryer ...I would wrap and air dry or sometimes sit under a hooded dryer for 20 mins or so every couple weeks....I spend far more time with my hair now and I have a TWA
I think we all probably do what we need to do to get the end result we want...Just a matter of balance

The healthiest relaxed heads I've seen mostly air-dry.

Have you tried doing braid-outs/flat-twist outs on her? It stretches the new growth which lessens tangles and its better for the hair.

Also when she starts getting alot of new growth you should try doing ponytail rollersets....its healthier for her hair then blowdrying and it provides smoother results where you just lightly flat iron the bumps outta the roots.

thanks for the suggesting BMP but we gotta take this one step at a time. lol. she JUST let me in her hair today. I was suprised she even asked

and to all the other women, its not that i was tryna be offense because i wasnt really. if anyone got offended by what i said, cuz thats just the vibe i got, n i apologize cuz i reallly don't know what the women with relaxed hair do and how yall stretch for so long. I was really just sharing my experience

Last edited:
I wash n go'ed yesterday, but then I woke up today and needed to do something with it cause I had a big ol' nappy afro.

When I was relaxed at least the next day I could put it in to a quick ponytail the next morning.

I wouldn't say so. I'm relaxed and 16 weeks post and I always airdry. Has she tried other ways to dry and style her hair? BMP gave great suggestions.

I wouldn't say so. I'm relaxed and 16 weeks post and I always airdry. Has she tried other ways to dry and style her hair? BMP gave great suggestions.
no she hasn't but we have to take this slow.. lol. she is slowly easing out of that "i know what im talkn bout n i know what to do wit my hair phase" ... she's only like 14

Back