Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Relaxed at 8 weeks post. Normally wait a lot longer about 12-16 weeks. This was sort of a corrective as I wanted my texlaxed hair a bit straighter. Some pictures below. My hair is in twists now but you can still see the texture :drunk:20170514_113622_001.jpg 20170514_113605_001.jpg 20170514_113705_001.jpg

What I used:
Vitale Anti Breakage Lye Relaxer , mixed some olive oil, Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor and a bit of Aphogee 2 STEP! (Yes I said it!)

Time: 35 minutes - it is already quite a gentle relaxer but processes much more slowly with my added goodies

Application method: Cowashed hair day before. Twisted hair into about 10- 12 twists with the nape exposed. Applied relaxer quite thickly using a silicone looking tint brush and my fingers. Smoothed with with back of comb and towards the end of the processing time I undid all the twists with new gloves on.. I have to do this or else the twists tangle in the shower :(

What I would do next time:
-Get help doing the back because I missed some bits.
-Stop the twist method. I am going to apply the relaxer in 4 quadrant starting from the centre using small diagonal sections going forward.
-Use teeth of comb to smooth through.. I was opposed to doing this but I need it as diluting the relaxer reduces the strength so I feel using a comb will help me to set the hair in its formation and gain consistent results.

Overall thoughts:
Pleased with the results! Adding 2 Step makes a massive difference, my hair felt strong after washing out not mushy or limp and was shiny. Would recommend this step to ladies with fine/delicate hair. :angel: Those with low porosity this relaxer may not work for you... but my hair is rathee low porosity I still use it I just have to go over the allocated time and monitor it like a hawk.

Thank you ladies x

Made it to 14 weeks without missing a beat. The faux box braids has made a huge difference in my hair care

Co-washing today and redoing the ones that need refreshing

Relaxed at 8 weeks post. Normally wait a lot longer about 12-16 weeks. This was sort of a corrective as I wanted my texlaxed hair a bit straighter. Some pictures below. My hair is in twists now but you can still see the texture :drunk:View attachment 398531 View attachment 398533 View attachment 398535

What I used:
Vitale Anti Breakage Lye Relaxer , mixed some olive oil, Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor and a bit of Aphogee 2 STEP! (Yes I said it!)

Time: 35 minutes - it is already quite a gentle relaxer but processes much more slowly with my added goodies

Application method: Cowashed hair day before. Twisted hair into about 10- 12 twists with the nape exposed. Applied relaxer quite thickly using a silicone looking tint brush and my fingers. Smoothed with with back of comb and towards the end of the processing time I undid all the twists with new gloves on.. I have to do this or else the twists tangle in the shower :(

What I would do next time:
-Get help doing the back because I missed some bits.
-Stop the twist method. I am going to apply the relaxer in 4 quadrant starting from the centre using small diagonal sections going forward.
-Use teeth of comb to smooth through.. I was opposed to doing this but I need it as diluting the relaxer reduces the strength so I feel using a comb will help me to set the hair in its formation and gain consistent results.

Overall thoughts:
Pleased with the results! Adding 2 Step makes a massive difference, my hair felt strong after washing out not mushy or limp and was shiny. Would recommend this step to ladies with fine/delicate hair. :angel: Those with low porosity this relaxer may not work for you... but my hair is rathee low porosity I still use it I just have to go over the allocated time and monitor it like a hawk.

Thank you ladies x

Your hair looks so thick and full!
I used French perm Stablizer after neutralizing! I love that stuff., I had to keep doing correctives using lye too.

It could have been the brand. It was ORS.

Your hair looks so thick and full!
I used French perm Stablizer after neutralizing! I love that stuff., I had to keep doing correctives using lye too.

It could have been the brand. It was ORS.

Thank you hun! Haha i know in the pictures to looks like I haven't even done a relaxer. I have seen good reviews on the CON relaxer. I'm glad you had done a good touch up:2inlove:

I will be 11 weeks post on tomorrow. I planned to stretch to 16 weeks but I might cut this stretch at 12 weeks. My new growth is really thick.

That's what I'm talking about! Don't know how much more I can take. This newgrowth ain't playin!

20170515_204026_resized.jpg

ETA: added pic so y'all can see what I'm dealing with. When my newgrowth starts snatching my edges, it's time for me to relax! :lol:

Last edited:
That's what I'm talking about! Don't know how much more I can take. This newgrowth ain't playin!

View attachment 398885

ETA: added pic so y'all can see what I'm dealing with. When my newgrowth starts snatching my edges, it's time for me to relax! :lol:
Do you manually put your roots into those finger coils? Or, do the grow out and coil together on their own?

Either way, they're beautiful!

View attachment 398885

@sunnieb
I was trying my best to hold out but after considering the potential damage I decided to take the plunge. I think 12 weeks will be my limit. No need to risk unnecessary damage.

I'm gonna try to stretch. 12-16 weeks.
That means I have 10 more weeks to go! If it gets out of hand, I will relax. I'm not trying to prove anything. I just don't feel like doing much to my hair right now.

8 weeks and will get a touch up this time at 9 weeks. I'm in the process of moving and didn't have time to worry about my hair but it is very manageable. When I move I will have to go back to 12-16 week stretches until I can find someone who knows how to apply the relaxer without overlapping or burning me. If anyone is in the Beaufort county, SC area and knows a beautician who can apply relaxers please PM me. TIA.

@Rozlewis I'm done.

Cowashed with WEN tonight and I'm over my hair. It's not bad, but I know what's coming if I don't gone head and relax.

I just ordered some Motions CPR conditioner and once it comes, I'm relaxing. :yep:

@sunnieb

I really wanted to stretch longer but then I said why risk the unnecessary breakage so I took the plunge and relaxed this morning. DC'ing now. I am so glad I did it.

6 weeks post today, will relax at 12 weeks. I used Mizani last time but it leaves me texlaxed and I find myself using more heat. Any recommendations on a lye relaxer that straightens well(I don't like Affirm)

6 weeks post today, will relax at 12 weeks. I used Mizani last time but it leaves me texlaxed and I find myself using more heat. Any recommendations on a lye relaxer that straightens well(I don't like Affirm)
i ended up going back to no-lye, due to the same thing you are experiencing. I hope somebody chimes in.

Back