Relaxed Heads: How do you moisturize/seal ends?

nomadpixi

For those that are trying to prevent frizzy ends while growing, how do you handle your ends? I just got a hair cut and would like my new Mega Tek growth to have strong ends, but I'm still working on cutting off the last of my ends from Silk Elements that get constantly tangly from damage.

What do you use to moisturize?

I'm thinking of sealing with Castor Oil in the winter (which it is here in my neck of the woods) and Coconut Oil as the weather changes, but have no idea what to moisturize with that doesn't cause stiff hair. When I'm protective styling, that doesn't matter as much obviously but when you want to look cute, what do you do?

i use a kids product called grohealthy olive cream. If not that then wave noveau, curls milkshake, sheamoisture shea butter, or braid spray with extra aloe vera juice added to the bottle. Its hard to choose one cuz my ends react differently at different weeks post. Dont know why tho. But i stay clear of products with propylene glycol in the beg. of ingredients. I just noticed that was the common denominator when my ends ended up dry in the morning.

I use Qhemet heavy cream (a dab per section is all I need) or Qhemet Burdock Root Butter cream if I just need a little moisture.

I rarely "seal" with oil, but if I do fell the need to, I use Nasabb's Kelechi oil (good stuff)

Sorry all my products have to be ordered. :look: I just have yet to find something as good as these of the shelf.

I use Profective healthy ends or Kids Organic Shea Butter then seal with coconut or castor oil.

Kids Organic Shea butter on dripping wet hair, squeeze out excess water, and apply Wild Growth Oil or Proclaim olive oil

Got this from Traycee (KISS) and it works great.

I have aloe vera juice glycerin and distilled water in a sray bottle...

Spray my hair concentrate on ends and use Silken Child moisturizer on the ends....my ends/hair has NEVER been this moistruized!

i use jane carter nourish and cream and then seal with coconut oil. if you want your hair to not be weighed down, you can pin curl at night instead of wrap.

I moisturize my scalp with Vatika Frosting (I use N&S in the winter), I spread it on my hands add a bit to the ends and the rest of my hair. I immediately wrap my hair with my Denman then follow-up with my boar bristle brush, and put my silk scarf on. My whole head will be moisturized w/o being weighed down. :yep:

Bumping....

Any more ideas? I am focusing intensely on My Ends.......apply extra product, trying to keep them highly moisturized.....

I have been applying "Poranges' mix" to my ends and cornrowing my hair.

Poranges' mix consists of Shea Butter, Coconut oil, Vitamin E oil and EVOO

When I take my hair down from the cornrows after two weeks, it is still very moist.

I will be doing this routine for the next year 'cause I don't feel like fooling with my hair ...

I moisturize with NTM SIlk Touch leave-in...then seal with sally's argan oil OR JBCO on my ends if they're really feeling brittle

Bumping....

Any more ideas? I am focusing intensely on My Ends.......apply extra product, trying to keep them highly moisturized.....

Thanks Ladies.:grin:

I recently invested in some Claudie's Ends Insurance #1 and was "Gifted" a bottle of Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration, so I have been using these on my ends and then sealing sometimes with oil(s).

I will continue to use the Claudie & the Hairveda and then report back on the health of my ends by the first of the year (Lord willing) in this thread. I will also be trimming/dusting in October, so hopefully that will help too.:yep:

For my ends i use S-curl and Hairveda whipped ends and i seal with a mixture of oils.

When I really need to focus on my ends I section my hair into Four sections. I use a comb or my fingers to further section each larger section and apply my moisturizer of choice from root to tip then I take each of the four larger sections and rub a small amt of oil on the last 2 or 3 inches of my hair.

Back