Relaxed heads..help!!

HairTemptress

hey yall!! i am currently 7 mo. post relaxer, and im going to relax my hair for my birthday, which is in a week. I have in the past used whatever the salon had on stock, for a while it was mizani .. i believe. Im not sure what strength it is.

What do you ladies believe is a good relaxer?

What strength??

Help!!! lol.

the times i went to the salon they used mizani for coarse & resistant hair and it came out beautiful then i went to a salon near my school and they used design essentials line and it was regular strength and my hair came out equal to or just as good as mizani. my hair had maximum shine and body for 2 weeks. the girl who was doing my hair told me it's all about the TECHNIQUE that the relaxer is put in. i somewhat believe that because i've had 2 stylist besides my mom who can really work a perm on some coarse and thick hair.

Last edited:
I love Mizani Butter Blends, when I used coarse/resistant it came out great, but the mild left me under processed :-/

I use the regular ole Dark and Lovely for $4.99-$6.99, and it's works great. You don't really need those expensive relaxers. They just make your wallet empty.

I use the regular ole Dark and Lovely for $4.99-$6.99, and it's works great. You don't really need those expensive relaxers. They just make your wallet empty.

LOL.. I'm starting to believe this. During my first week of membership on LHCF; I ran out and ordered that 55 Phyto and took it to my stylist who charged another $65 (at that time) to put it in. My hair was a dry bush even after protein treatment and DC. That's when I learned the difference between lye and no lye. Cheaper affirm and mizani work just as well.

I've gone six months in between relaxers and Affirm in Mild got my hair straight when the stylist knew what she was doing. The strongest relaxer I have ever gotten is Regular. My hair is 4a/b, medium to coarse.

Silk Elements is good too.

When I relaxed my hair the last time, I used Silk Elements. I used Super. I LOVED that thing. My hair was silky for a very long time afterwards. It's great and it's cheap! It was only $3.99 at Sally's. It's a lye relaxer. I don't do too well with no lye relaxers.

I really want to try phyto but, the price....:nono: Maybe one day.

For now I use Affirm and it works great!

Mizani works just great, if you like it, why not stick with it. I personally like Butter blends.

I have used Silk Elements, Nairobi, Design Essentials, Motions, Motions Herbals, Precise No Lye, Affirm, Alter Ego, and a relaxer that (I think) was Mizani.

My favorite is the Alter Ego Linange Shea Butter Relaxer, because it is gentle, lye (I like the long-term health effects of lye over no lye), and my hair stays moisturized and breakage free. It has also never burned, even if I washed my hair just a day or two beforehand.

My primary suggestion, which is based off of my ability to maintain my hair's health following various relaxer experiences, is to go with a lye relaxer.

Back