Relaxed Heads - Do You Use Honey For Hair Health?

I don't know if I reported in here but I bought this DC before I locced a few years ago. I threw it away without using it and just repurchased it. I plan to try it out this weekend. I'm working on getting back into the habit of DCing weekly.

1680872064306.png

If I like this honey+egg combo, I'm gonna start making my own. I have honey powder and egg powder in my emergency food stash. I will mix them and use Queen Helene cholesterol as my base.

Like I posted before, the honey/Castor Oil mix gives my hair extra softness. It's amazing!

I'm not giving up on EVOO, but I think I'll stick to Castor Oil for a while. Maybe splash a little EVOO in there for kicks.

Been a year, so thought I'd check in this thread. I've been doing the honey/Castor oil dc weekly. Doing it right now as a matter of fact! :D

Honey is so wonderful for my hair! Here's a pic I took today before applying the honey mix:

20240825_110901.jpg

This is dry, non-moisturized hair. I didn't put anything on it this morning at all. The honey brings out a slight shine from within each strand. Also, doing this weekly gives my crown some attention that I don't give it throughout the week.

I still add EVOO to my weekly dc when I use conditioner.

I took this pic a few weeks ago and meant to post it here. It shows how the honey is selectively highlighting random strands of my hair. I wish I knew the science behind this. Why are some of my strands so brown, but others remain dark? :scratchchin:

I'm inspired to keep up with my messy weekly honey dc's. I like this unique coloring and can't wait to see how it looks as my hair gets longer.

20240828_162258.jpg

I took this pic a few weeks ago and meant to post it here. It shows how the honey is selectively highlighting random strands of my hair. I wish I knew the science behind this. Why are some of my strands so brown, but others remain dark? :scratchchin:

I'm inspired to keep up with my messy weekly honey dc's. I like this unique coloring and can't wait to see how it looks as my hair gets longer.

View attachment 498512
I wonder if those strands would otherwise be gray due to having less melanin, so they're absorbing the honey tones. It's so pretty!

Like I posted before, the honey/Castor Oil mix gives my hair extra softness. It's amazing!

I'm not giving up on EVOO, but I think I'll stick to Castor Oil for a while. Maybe splash a little EVOO in there for kicks.

I'm not relaxed, but the sound of an oil and honey blend had me :lick:

Ever since you posted I've wanted to try this. I've got some in my hair right now!

Been a year, so thought I'd check in this thread. I've been doing the honey/Castor oil dc weekly. Doing it right now as a matter of fact! :D

Honey is so wonderful for my hair! Here's a pic I took today before applying the honey mix:

View attachment 498322

This is dry, non-moisturized hair. I didn't put anything on it this morning at all. The honey brings out a slight shine from within each strand. Also, doing this weekly gives my crown some attention that I don't give it throughout the week.

I still add EVOO to my weekly dc when I use conditioner.
Do you eyeball the measurements, or did you measure it?

Back