Relaxed Hair vs. Large Bodies of Water

Soul♥Flower

Anyone have suggestions on how to win this battle? I am going on a cruise in 2 days and I didn't have time to get my hair braided. What can I do to ensure I won't have too much of a mess on my head when I get back? I was thinking of coating my hair with some vaseline before I get in the water but, I don't know...it's just an idea.

Anyone have suggestions on how to win this battle? I am going on a cruise in 2 days and I didn't have time to get my hair braided. What can I do to ensure I won't have too much of a mess on my head when I get back? I was thinking of coating my hair with some vaseline before I get in the water but, I don't know...it's just an idea.

I usually put my hair in a ponytail or bun when it's time to get in the water. When I'm finished I'll let it dry and add some oil to it to make it easier to come.

In regards to the bolded, how does vaseline help? I've never heard of this, I'm curious.

I usually put my hair in a ponytail or bun when it's time to get in the water. When I'm finished I'll let it dry and add some oil to it to make it easier to come.

In regards to the bolded, how does vaseline help? I've never heard of this, I'm curious.

I was thinking of using it to kind of coat the hair so the chlorine couldn't absorb. I think swimmers used to do this.

I was thinking of using it to kind of coat the hair so the chlorine couldn't absorb. I think swimmers used to do this.

I've heard of people putting conditioner on their hair before hand for that reason. IDK about vaseline. Plus vaseline would be hard to get out.

actually I was a swimmer in HS - best thing to do it soak your hair in clean water and slick it back. If your hair is already saturated it can't absorb anything else - it's like a sponge - eventually it will reach it's limit. Maybe a little vaseline on your edges and ends if you're wearing a cap b/c it'll help with friction. If you leave your hair up until it dries it should be pretty much tangle free and mostly straight.

yea i always put conditioner on my hair, or a leave-in b4 i enter the water. it helps a lil with the dryness chlorine can give u

Okay good tips,
So I guess if I wet my hair, put conditioner in it, then put it in a bun I should be straight. I think I'll put some vaseline on the ends just on GP.

Thanks yall!:yep:

I needed these tips myself. I love to swim but I'm not sure how that's going to work out with me trying to let my hair grow now.

Back