Relaxed Hair & Humidity

*KP*

Is it just a lost cause trying to maintain straight hair that moves like Michelle Obama when it's humid?

I have tried Sabino Moisture block but it really weighed down my hair. I'm looking for a solution before I go on vacation in September. I'm attending a wedding and it's going to be really hot. I'd love to wear my hair out like I usually do but I don't want to end up a frizzy mess with sweat dripping down my neck and hair sticking to my face :lol:

What are your humidity solutions, ladies?

How about curls? Does anybody manage to hold their curls when it is humid?

*KP* said:
Is it just a lost cause trying to maintain straight hair that moves like Michelle Obama when it's humid?

I have tried Sabino Moisture block but it really weighed down my hair. I'm looking for a solution before I go on vacation in September. I'm attending a wedding and it's going to be really hot. I'd love to wear my hair out like I usually do but I don't want to end up a frizzy mess with sweat dripping down my neck and hair sticking to my face :lol:

Humid yes but not rainy and humid

*KP* said:

Don't use any thing with glycerin because it only makes your hair a frizzy mess because actually pulling moisture into your hair

Don't use any thing with glycerin because it only makes your hair a frizzy mess because actually pulling moisture into your hair

Thank you! That's good to know, I hadn't thought of that. I think my serum has glycerin.

What do you use on your hair after washing?

The Sally's Beyond the zone heat protectant works really good for my hair for frizz, but my hair is really thick and the curls will drop.
The only way I can hold my curls in humidity is mousse and rolling my hair on rollers a little smaller than I would normally use so if it "drops" it doesn't drop all the way to straight....

Back