relaxed hair and heat

Indirect heat = rollersets under hooded dryer = 1 or 2x a week.

Flat-ironing = some say they can use it once a week, others like myself say biweekly...use heat protectant.

Steam rollers = daily 'cause that is very safe heat.

Before I started transitioning. I would blow dry & flat iron once a week.

But I always washed & deep conditioned first.

I think direct heat damage is less prevalent when you are deep conditioning often.:yep:

Before I started transitioning. I would blow dry & flat iron once a week.

But I always washed & deep conditioned first.

I think direct heat damage is less prevalent when you are deep conditioning often.:yep:

ITA:yep:

Heat in moderation IMO...coupled with Deep Conditioning regularly....usually doesn't pose a problem to healthy relaxed hair, now if its damaged relaxed hair then little to no heat is probably best...

hmm that sounds good ive been going on these no heat at all challenges lasting for 1 to two months and then when i finally straighten my hair and i see my length im happy but then i feel guilty and feel the need to condition, condition, and condition lol i know it seems weird im jus paranoid about heat

As little as possible. Try not to flat iron or blow dry. If you have to use either or do not concentrate the flat iron on any part of the hair, especially the ends... breeze over the ends very quickly. For blow drying, try not to blow dry ends at all, focus on the roots.

Your hair will love you more if you don't use any heat. I have stopped with blow drying my rollersets for the past month and my strands feel very silky from root to end. So if you can help it, try not to :)

I'm relaxed and the only time direct heat touches my hair is when i go to the hairdresser every 12 weeks for my touch-up..she uses a warm comb to smooth out the front edges of my hair for a clean finish. I always thought that the curls that you get from rollersetting are so much more bouncy and shinier than what a curling iron could give. When they used to make Miss Kool, I used that for dry sets and the curls came out very good.

I flat iron my hair 2x a week and its fine for me. I follow a very basic Cathy Howse like regimen of washing and DC w/ heat 2x a week (once every 3-4 days like clockwork).

I use Caruso rollers on occasion btw washes to change up my style and add some volume or curls. I think that the heat issue can be a bit overrated at times. Anything can be bad if you abuse it. But if you know what you're doing, use heat wisely and see what your hair needs, then you'll be fine. In any case if you're going to choose to use heat in your regimen it should only be on clean hair, you will need to likely so a hard core protein treatment 2x a month and the rest of the time focus on moisture, moisture, moisture. I also keep a close eye on my ends by doing S&D's 1x a week. My hair is doing just fine.

I use heat, at the most once a week.
I cant rollerset
and I hate how my hair turns out when i airdry then flat iron.

I try to switch between protective hair styles and heat, but It just doesnt always wor
I love my hair straight lol.

I use heat, at the most once a week.
I cant rollerset
and I hate how my hair turns out when i airdry then flat iron.

I try to switch between protective hair styles and heat, but It just doesnt always wor
I love my hair straight lol.
YES me to i love my hair straight im trying to get a good solid regimen because im getting tired of air drying and wearing protective styles all the time but at the same time im recovering from overprocessing which is causing my hair to shed:wallbash: but still allowing my hair to remain thick and my new growth is coming in fast which is good because at least that means my hair is growing ahhhhh idk wat to do

Back