Relaxed 4B's: I really need your help!!!

I have been natural for two years now and I've already decided to relax again. I just want to know if there's a way to achieve big hair when relaxed as well?

EDIT: What I really mean is that I would like to wear a big curly fro, even when I'm relaxed. Help!

Should I do bantu knots while relaxed for that?

Last edited:
I agree braid outs should give you the look you're looking for. When I want wild hair I do a braid out and it's on... lol

the "big" hair you'll achieve while texlaxed/relaxed is very different from the "big" hair that you have naturally. Besides, it takes alot of practice to consistently texlax without ending up with relaxed ends due to relaxer run off.

i know you said that you have decided to relax, but the fact that you want big hair is a tell tale sign that you are just frustrated with your natural hair and what you really need is a BREAK from having to deal with it.

My advice to you as a fellow 4b-er who has been there, done that, is to go get yourself a full head stick straight weave (to enjoy the benefits of being "relaxed" for a little while) or go get braid extensions or something. If you still feel like you must relax afterwards, by all means go ahead and do so :yep:

to answer your real question :lachen: you can get the look you described by doing bantu knot outs on dry hair or roller sets with small rollers

Back