Relax or Continue to Press/Flat Iron

Nae

Hi Ladies

Q. It's been 3.5 years since I've got a touch-up. I have been getting my hair blow dryed and flat ironed and curled. I was thinking about going back to relaxing since I continue to get it flat ironed...and 1/2 of my hair stays straight anyway after washing anyway. Any suggestions? Advice? Also, I believe that if I have it relaxed, I can manage it better. Now, I have to go to the salon to have it done because it looks all bushey when I do it.
Thanks
Nae

Hi Ladies

Q. It's been 3.5 years since I've got a touch-up. I have been getting my hair blow dryed and flat ironed and curled. I was thinking about going back to relaxing since I continue to get it flat ironed...and 1/2 of my hair stays straight anyway after washing anyway. Any suggestions? Advice? Also, I believe that if I have it relaxed, I can manage it better. Now, I have to go to the salon to have it done because it looks all bushey when I do it.
Thanks
Nae

I just faced the same decision and I relaxed my hair. I am SO glad I did!! The flexibility in styling without having to flatiron is great and I have been able to do everything I wanted to it with NO HEAT NEEDED.

I have that problem too I went back to getting a relaxer and flat iron at the salon. I still stretch my relaxer though.

think about your options and the good and bad everything is not for everybody. Having healthy hair should be first priority then a nice sleek style.

I am in the same boat, I have been natural for about 2 1/2 years and am constantly thinking about relaxing. I have straight pieces from getting it pressed and I am tired of the twists. I am so considering going back to a perm.

If I were you I would look at it like this, sometimes even when you are relaxed you still have to flat iron your hair to wear it straight(or straighter) so either way you'll still have to use the flat iron. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I don't mind using the flat iron, what I am saying is it's permanently straight in some places, why not just perm. Also, I usually roller set my hair when relaxed and it grew nicely. Still contemplating..........
Did my hair last night and will let you know results. Flat ironed it myself.

Those places that are permanently straight are damaged. Relaxing over top of damage isnt such a good idea in my book. If youre not attached to being natural then sure go ahead and relax and try not to process the already straightened parts. But if you went natural for a purpose or would like to remain natural for a certain reason, then turn the flat iron down and use heat sparingly.

Back