Regular ole protein conditioner?

Leshia

I recently picked up a protein shampoo and treatment/conditioner (Korean brand) much like the Keracare line. With the new use of curl activator and this shampoo and conditioner, I'm wondering if I'm going to be protein overloading my hair. How often are you guys using protein conditioners (not the serious repair conditioners) and the curl activator? I'll be bald for sure before leaving here if I don't find out what's going on with this stuff. Ladies?

I use Lanza Protein Plus with every wash, a protein conditioner every two weeks (a creamy one) and a moisturizing conditioner for all other washes. I don't use curl activators, I use mositurizers and leave ins, but I don't think activators have much protein, if any.

Hey tracy, thanks for responding. The Curl Activator gel that I use is by Rebound and it has aloe vera (which is protein) but adds moisture to your hair. I've started using this because of all the raves for moisture but also use my protein shampoo and conditioner. I'm not sure how my conditioner differs from yours but I just don't want to overdo it. How often do you wash?

I'll use Nexxus Keraphix Reconstructor conditioner after every wash if I have any in the house. It leaves my hair very smooth and soft. I use Aubreys GPB, a concentrated protein conditioner, once a month.

Kitkat, i assume that the keraphix is a protein conditioner along the same lines as Keracare and what I've purchased. How often do you wash?</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Kitkat said:
I'll use Nexxus Keraphix Reconstructor conditioner after every wash if I have any in the house. It leaves my hair very smooth and soft. I use Aubreys GPB, a concentrated protein conditioner, once a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wash twice a week Leshia. I also realized after my first post that my color rinse which I use once a month and my leave in both contain protein and I don't have problems I don't think, but if my hair feels a little rough or brittle (a sign of protein overload) I'd simply add a moisturizing conditioner to your regime to alternate with the protein conditioner you use now. Most of the time the amounts of protein in products that aren't specifically billed as concentrated protein conditioners (concentrated protein conditioners include products like Aphoghee, Nexxus Emergencee and such) are minimal enough that they don't cause trouble. What brand of protein shampoo and cond. are you using? How far down on the ingredient list of your shampoo, conditioner and activator is the protein? Is it the second ingredient? The tenth? This matters. Anything after about 6 or so becomes negligible.

Tracy, you're right. I doubt they pack those shampoos and conditioners with protein (other than the ones you've mentioned). Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you what number protein is on the list for my poo and conditioner because it's in Korean! *laughing* I bought it after staring for about 30 minutes and then brought it to a lady who spoke both English and Korean and had her read it to me. THAT'S how much of a PJ I am!!!</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tracy said:
I wash twice a week Leshia. I also realized after my first post that my color rinse which I use once a month and my leave in both contain protein and I don't have problems I don't think, but if my hair feels a little rough or brittle (a sign of protein overload) I'd simply add a moisturizing conditioner to your regime to alternate with the protein conditioner you use now. Most of the time the amounts of protein in products that aren't specifically billed as concentrated protein conditioners (concentrated protein conditioners include products like Aphoghee, Nexxus Emergencee and such) are minimal enough that they don't cause trouble. What brand of protein shampoo and cond. are you using? How far down on the ingredient list of your shampoo, conditioner and activator is the protein? Is it the second ingredient? The tenth? This matters. Anything after about 6 or so becomes negligible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back