Regimen for Crown and Glory Method using WEAVE

Integrity

Hi!

I am already planning for do the Crown and Glory method (www.growafrohairlong.com) using the sewn-in weave instead of braids (my hairline is weak) for about a year. Is anyone else using C and G with weaves? Anyways, please read and let me know what you think, there may be something I forgot or misjudged. TIA for reading!
trampoline.gif

The weave is done 2 weeks after touch-up. Two weeks before the weave is put in, I wash (CON, motions lavish) and condition (UBH, ORS mayo, le kair; followed by motions moisture plus) every 3 days to strenghten and moisturise.

On the day of the weave: after the canerows have been done I grease my scalp with castor oil plus olive oil plus peppermint oil mixture then grease the canerowed hair with vaseline plus scurl or curl activator world of curls gel.

the weave stays in for 8 whole weeks.

during the 8 weeks, I shampoo and condition every 3 weeks followed by blowdrying and curling of the weave. then again, grease scalp with castor oil, olive oil and peppermint oil; then grease tracks with my version of Dew moisturiser.

after 8 weeks, I remove the tracks and use a clarifying shampoo, deep condition, blow dry my hair and flat iron to smooth and assess length; I do this every 3 days for one week(ie. twice). then relax with affirm lye regular.

my vitamin regimen during this time is one multivitamin, 5mg biotin, 1500mg MSM, 1000mg evening primrose oil and at least 2litres of water a day.

repeat this whole process for at least one year...and hopefully, a healthy head of bra-strap length!!!
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif

does anyone know the best way of washing a weave with the minimum amount of matting and tangling??

(thanks to henrilou for her idea to me of greasing the tracks!

i will have to get someone to do it for me if it is difficult by myself. although i have done it myself before (the thread was hanging so it was easy)

So u'll only be washing twice in 8 weeks....?
That doesn't sound like enough to me...but I've never worn a weave, so maybe this is standard for some.

Anyway -- good luck...

i dunno, i was worried about damaging the weave. i need responses like yours to think more and refine the planned regimen. i know henrilou is the weave queen so i may just pop her a pm about washing. thanks!

when i wasnt interested in my hair i NEVER washed my weave in 12 weeks of wearing it
laugh.gif

but my hair forgave me repeatedly and still grew like crazy!!but then again, i was natural haired then.

I think you should wash the weave at least every 2 weeks, because you want the scalp to stay as clean as possible. That shouldn't hurt it at all. Also, I would wait a little longer than after two weeks to get a weave after a perm, but that's just because I would want to already have some new growth so that way, the cornrows are more stronger and they won't loosen as quickly from the weight of the weave. But your regimen is great! Wow! I can't believe you'll be doing this an entire year!
clap.gif
I plan on getting a weave sometime before school starts back up, but I wouldn't wear it longer than 8 weeks, either. Very well-planned regimen.
up.gif

great regiment pandora!! u kno u sed that after takin the weave out u'd

after 8 weeks, I remove the tracks and use a clarifying shampoo, deep condition, blow dry my hair and flat iron to smooth and assess length; I do this every 3 days for one week(ie. twice). then relax with affirm lye regular.

1. if u flat iron the hair and blow dry it wud that not cause some damage to occur coz of the heat?? also what benefits do u think that greasin the tracks will have??

Good luck Pandora! I think I may be using this method too and not aware of it. I've been wearing weaves from february I get them redone every 4-6 weeks.I don't grease my scalp though. I try to shampoo 2x a month and I cleanse my scalp with lemon juice and rosemary oil or some witch hazel or my skin toner. I could hold out for 8 weeks if I wanted to, but I get bored and I like to change up my look. It is alot easier on the hairline than braids. When taking them out, I let my stylist cut out the weave, and I insist on loosing out my own hair.Although it takes long and my arms get tired, I save alot of my hair that way.

drunk.gif
Slowly, but surely

[ QUOTE ]
great regiment pandora!! u kno u sed that after takin the weave out u'd

1. if u flat iron the hair and blow dry it wud that not cause some damage to occur coz of the heat?? also what benefits do u think that greasin the tracks will have??

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the tips ladies!

ngaa, i am not using heat that much since i am in tracks for 8 whole weeks plus i will use it on low to medium and use a heat protecteant and keep the blow dryer moving to avoid scorching.this kinda balances things out! greasing the tracts keeps them moisturised and soft and prevents the ends from breaking of due to lack of lubrication. HTH

I washed my weaves every week when I had one and it didn't destroy it. If the hair is cheap (Sensational hair-pure garbage!!!) It will shed like crazy but even that didn't get thin.
CBG

ngaa,

also i will use a ceramic flat iron and those are less damaging and flatten in no time.

karonica, zoja and CBG, how exactly do you wash your weave??

well my regimen is as follows:

i do my own weave most of the time.
i leave the front of my hair out to blend in with the weave. I've been doing conditioner washes 5x's a week on the hair that's left outside of the weave

i spray the hair that's covered with the weave with s-curl while wearing the weave. sometimes i use profective break free.
keep in mind that my weave is not completely cornrowed in. it sewn into a hairnet and my hair is left loose under the hairnet.
every two weeks or even every week if i'm feeling really up to it, i take the weave completely out and do a conditioner only wash and then i use a deep conditioner

after that i redo the weave either the same day or the next day.
i redo it at least every two weeks.

i relax my hair every eight weeks

i don't think this is much of the crown and glory method but so far it's working well.

I focus on washing my scalp in between the tracks. I don't manipulate the weave at all after washing between the tracks. Ijust rinse with water and a littel shampoo if necessary.

drunk.gif
Slowly, but surely

I actually sent Robin an email on this very subject. I am doing C&G now with my full sew -in and so far so good. I am still working on a regimen but I am just using up all the products I have so I won't have to join Beauty Products Anonymous.

I braid my weave before I wash and I comb conditioner through and it doesn't tangle that much. I also use a scalp rinse to wash out the oil build up.

auntyb thanks for your input! how do you moisturise the tracks? are you natural? how often do you wash the tracks and how long do you leave the tracks in?

Pandora:

I am natural now. It took me 19 mos.to grow out my relaxer. I wash about every 2 weeks. I moisturize my tracks with S curl activator, sulfur 8 and jojoba oil. I get good growth with the s curl and the sulfur 8 helps with itching. I leave the tracks in 6 - 9 weeks.

What type of hair did you use for your weave?

i havent done the weave yet. i am just planning out a regimen before i do it. what did robin say when u wrote to her about the weave with c and g method?

Pandora, Here's my response from Robin:

Yes, you can wera the hair weave to help your hair grow. When you take it out, you have to deep condition it so that your hair does not dry out. When the hair is up covered in braids and hair weaves, it loses a little moisture. Therefeore you have to deep conditio it on an on going basis Weekly to get elasticity in the strands- so it will stay healthy in case you color your hair or add a relaxer later.

You can hot press your hair the first time after you take out your weave and deep condition it first. But you can't add a relaxer or color the first time you take it out and deep condition your hair. It will break off because it is still too weak.

When taking out the hair weave, just like taking out the braid extensions, Take your time. Take some time off if you have to. Continue to be delicate with the comb and brush and especilly be delicate with the hair above the ear, sides in the front and in the back at the nape of the neck.

Write back anytime

HTH-Auntybe

I remember having the hardest time with washing my scalp, because I couldn't clean it like I wanted to. So, I can't give you a good answer for that one, Pandora. Plus, I had the weave in for a short time, so that sucks. I did oil my scalp and my hair grew like nuts the short time that I had it in. I think it was because of the moisture. I can't wait to do it again!
clap.gif

CBJ, why did you say that Sensationnel hair was pure garbage? Just wondering, because this was the brand I picked up, and I would love to hear your opinions.
smile.gif

I'm thinking about getting a weave and I want to have it sewn onto the net, but I thought the all the hair was cornrolled under the net and the net was attacted the the cornrolls. I'm a bit confused
frown.gif
. How is the hair under the net?

Hi Pandora, Let's hear about your results with the weave regimen so far. How is the growth going? How much have you gained? Are you still doing the weaves?

What kind of weave is everyone using? I'm considering one that look like Rudy Huxtable's (don't laugh), so it would blend with the new growth.
Where do you get it done and if you do it on your own, is threading difficult to do by yourself?

I am basically doing the same thing. I wash once a week. The hair in the front, is almost all my natural texture now. It broke badly so I just had it all trimmed up to about 4". I just use my ceramic iron on it once a week.

Back