Regime for kids

kisz4tj

Does anyone practice the same or similar regime for their kids. I have 4 yr & 1.5 yr girls. Is the 1-2x wk hair washing recommended at this age as well. I just gave my 1.5 yr old a olive oil pre-shampoo, is this okay? My husband thinks I'm crazy.

Hi kisz4tj. I have a daughter who is 6 yrs old and I am very much into the care of her hair. However, I don't wash her hair 2x per week. As she gets older and can take showers, I'll try to implement it into her regime. I think with children, it's a good idea to keep it simple. I don't ever want my child to view doing her hair as a chore. I wash her hair 1x per wk with CON, condition with Pantene Smooth and Sleek and apply any one of various moisturisers she has. Put in ponytails and she's done. I redo her ponytails throughout the week until next wash. That's it.

PS . I used to give her pre-shampoo olive oil treatments as well. I wait until the summer though, so she can run around outside and generate heat on the scalp.

It's Funny! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif But no, definitely not crazy...and the only reason it's funny (to me) is because I'm picturing this baby girl getting her pre-shampoo treatment on. Cute and Hilarious. I see why your husband thinks that though--it's a man thing.

I have a 4 year old, and I have a sort of regime for her. I do conditioner-only washes for her once a week. I try to deep condition her hair weekly with the Cathy Howse conditioner. Then I put it into ponytails for the week. I spray her hair with a glycerin/conditioner/oil mix I made up and seal her ends with grease/vaseline daily. It definitely has made a difference in the moisture level of her hair.

Back