Refuse to Lose Challenge!!!

bellydancer

Ok yal. I refuse to lose hair on this while I'm on Accutane. I'm hearing about so many people losing hair while on this drug. I hate having to choose between beautiful skin and beautiful hair. Why can't I just have both???!!! Well I refuse to lose hair. My hair has been thick for so long and I want it to stay that way. I do expect to lose some hair, but not that much... so who is in?

Qualifications: Must be on Accutane or drug with similar side effects- chemotherapy patients also!

Duration: However long you will be on the drug (for me it's a year and a half almost)

Start Date: Whenever I get done typing all this...

So who is in?
We will all share advice on how to keep our precious hair on our heads! Good luck ladies and let the games begin!!!

Why do you have to be in accutane for over a year? If I remember correctly you are alternating 40mg and 80mg each day. Most courses are only 4 to 5 months.

You can also ask your derm to lower your dose to only 40 everyday. Perhaps that would decrease your chances of hairloss.

You get put on a year long course so that you can be on a lower dose and have less chance of side effects. I was on it for 10 months. I've been hearing about so much hair loss on the board by people who have used it. I mercifully didn't lose any hair. Maybe it is because I was using Nioxin products at the time which are geared towards people who are balding. HTH

i keep forgetting about those nioxin products. I'm going to have to check those out.
DigitalRain- I don't know why he has me on it for over a year. That seems really long to me. My mom said that's awfully long too. My doctor is talking about putting me on 80mg a day. I don't want to do that though.

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
You get put on a year long course so that you can be on a lower dose and have less chance of side effects. I was on it for 10 months. I've been hearing about so much hair loss on the board by people who have used it. I mercifully didn't lose any hair. Maybe it is because I was using Nioxin products at the time which are geared towards people who are balding. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

What was your dosage for those 10 months? I'm guessing that it wasn't as high as Bellydancer's, right?? Usually the lower the dosage the milder the side effects. Let us know
smile.gif

I'm happy i'm happy i'm happy happy happy!!! I was at the dermatologist office today and my doctor and I had a little misunderstanding. Ok a year is a looooooong time to be on the medicine. In May i asked him if how long I would be on this medication. He said "well into next fall". Now next fall is 2005 so i thought I would be on it for over a year. He meant that I would be on it well into THIS fall. I've been on it for 12 weeks so far and I'll be on it for another 12 weeks. that's great!!! Ok so I probably wont be losing that much hair at all. I guess i don't really have to worry about losing that much! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back