Reformed Lurker

silkii_locks

Hello All,

Just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. After months of lurking :imsorry: I am pleased to announce I am finally an official member! I have learned so much about my hair and it's needs and about you guys as well since stumbling upon this site back in Oct. If I knew several years ago what I know now, I'd have hair dragging the floor by now. But better late than never. In my pre-relaxer childhood and even after my mom relaxed my hair at the age of 10 my hair was always mid back length and very thick. Until one summer when I was 12 while visiting relatives I took swimming lessons, they never washed or treated my hair afterwards and I was swimming in a chlorinated pool five days a week for nearly a month!! Needless to say, my hair practically disintegrated. When I went back to school that year I went with shoulder length hair. And I've been trying to get it back ever since. I began to resent relaxers and went natural several times because I gave in to the notion that it was impossible to have long, healthy relaxed hair. That's why this site is such a blessing, because although I'm currently relaxed, I now know that even relaxed hair can be healthy and super long. Again just wanted to introduce myself. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome girlie! :spinning:

LHCF is soooo freakin addicting! Be ready for a lot of nights staying up till 2 am :lol:

Welcome to LHCF!!!

I KNOW you will enjoy it here:yep:

I am always so excited when another Floridian becomes a member:grin:

What part of FL are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

Welcome to LHCF!!!

I KNOW you will enjoy it here:yep:

I am always so excited when another Floridian becomes a member:grin:

What part of FL are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm from Tallahassee, I used to live walking distance from FSU and FAMU. And thnx everyone for all the nice comments.:drunk:

Back