Redken Real Control Overnight Treat?

ravenmerlita

Is anyone using this? I love overnight treatments and just bought this one after reading so many raves for the Real Control line. I haven't used it yet but I'm hoping it helps with dryness and frizz. If you have any info or reviews, please share. :yep:

L_272.jpg

Description: "Redken Real Control Overnight Treat is a totally indulgent night recovery treatment. Absorbed instantly into the hair cuticle, Redken Real Control Overnight Treat conditions, renews and restores damaged hair during sleep rejuvenating and creating softness and lasting control.

The Cationic Conditioners, Shea butter and Protein Ceramides in the Redken Real Control Overnight Treat work to moisturise, smooth and nourish the hair alongside Redken's exclusive Interbond Conditioning System which cares and repairs the hair cuticles, transforming the texture of high-maintainance hair."

I think that's a new addition to the line! It wasn't on the original advertisements.

eta: Interesting, it STILL isn't on the Redken Real Control page but it IS on the Redken UK page.

Last edited:
Hmm...I think I have heard about this product. It sounds good. Is this something that is done nightly or just once a week?

I think that's a new addition to the line! It wasn't on the original advertisements.

eta: Interesting, it STILL isn't on the Redken Real Control page but it IS on the Redken UK page.

You're right. I didn't realize it was new. I went looking for more info and found that it was just released. Hopefully, someone has used it already and has a review.

This looks promising! It says you can use it everynight, and you don't have to wash it out. I'm checking with trade secret tomorrow to see if they have this!! Thanks OP!

Excellent! Thank you Auburn. I can't wait till it arrives. I hope it works as well on my hair as it does for the reviewer. I have a dry, rough spot that I am hoping to get under control.
"Visible Results: In the mornings after using Real Control my hair feels softer, looks smoother and seems more alive than the day before, and my hair does not look weighed down at all. Untreated, my hair tends to look and feel dry and rough, not smooth at all, and I tend to get split ends, but using Overnight Treat for a little more than a week has improved the condition of my hair in each of those areas."

Oh snap! I really like this product line. I didn't know they had an overnight treatment. I might have to stalk a few stores to find it.

I have to try this! My ends have been dry lately, do you think this would work will with the a baggie?

I have to try this! My ends have been dry lately, do you think this would work will with the a baggie?

Do you already baggy? If your hair does well with baggying, then yes I think it would. Some people get mushy hair or breakage when baggying. If you don't already baggy, I wouldn't recommend testing out a new technique on a new product.

Perhaps there are others who baggy that can give better advice.

I really want to try this out already but I washed my hair earlier. Heck, I might do it anyways :)

I only used the Real Control Overnight Treat a couple of times. It was average compared to some of the other treatments I've used.

Pros: My hair didn't tangle as much when I shampoo'd. This added up to less damage since it was a snap to detangle.
Cons: My hair was kind of dull looking and a little too soft. I didn't pay enough attention to the product marketing which said it was for dense hair and would make hair soft. My hair is really fine, not dense and already soft.

The Real Control is okay. I'll still use it when I don't have time to deep condition after washing or when I am washing my hair after it's gotten tangly. I probably won't re-purchase but will keep on looking for better overnight treatments.

Back