Redken Products for 4b Hair

RUBY

Do any 4b hair types use any Redken products, especially the anti snap leave in treatment. What were your results? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Ok, I'm not 4B, but I love Redken, the whole line. Its high, but I think its worth it. I use the Anti-Snap, the So-Long leave-in heat activated spray for long hair, and the Extreme shampoo and conditioner for distressed hair. Buy the sample bottles first to test it out. I believe the sample bottle of Anti-Snap is like $3.50. It lasts forever though.

i'm not 4b but im very coily 4a and i love the antisnap. it helps me lengthen the time bw tups. it makes the newgrowth and relaxed hair not snap at the meeting point for me. hence the name....
ADF23***how do you use the so long leave in heat spray??

I tried the Allsoft shampoo and love it but it does not detangle as well as CON. I was not crazy about the Allsoft conditioner. I plan to try the Allsoft Heavy Cream conditioner some day.

I have 4b coarse. Is the antisnap used wet or dry? What makes this product better than others?

I have used the Extreme: Shampoo, Conditioner, Anti Snap, Deep Red and Cat products and i loved them too. But they contain alot of protein. The Anti Snap does exactly what it says. That's great on new growth. So I use only 2 times a month

[ QUOTE ]
Bett1e said:
I have 4b coarse. Is the antisnap used wet or dry? What makes this product better than others?

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here but mine is also fine (strands that is). I have tried both ways (wet when I wash and dry when my hair needs moisture ... I hated s-curl) and because of it, I'm able to maintain my 18weeks post relaxer (edges and surrounding; 28 weeks) without hassle.
To say that it is better than others will just be an opinion because while a lot of ladies here rave about the s-curl, it made my fine hair too weak and susceptible to breakage for every little reason.

[ QUOTE ]
myhairsos said:
[ QUOTE ]
Bett1e said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here but mine is also fine (strands that is). I have tried both ways (wet when I wash and dry when my hair needs moisture ... I hated s-curl) and because of it, I'm able to maintain my 18weeks post relaxer (edges and surrounding; 28 weeks) without hassle.
To say that it is better than others will just be an opinion because while a lot of ladies here rave about the s-curl, it made my fine hair too weak and susceptible to breakage for every little reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have 4b hair that is fine. What products gives you the best result?

Also, what strength relaxer have you or do use?

What product would be the on the same level as Redken antisnap? for comparision purposes so I have an idea of the results I would get from it before shelling out for it cause it is expensive

[ QUOTE ]
0116 said:
[ QUOTE ]
myhairsos said:
[ QUOTE ]
Bett1e said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have 4b hair that is fine. What products gives you the best result?

Also, what strength relaxer have you or do use?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I have been successful @ narrowing certain things as indispensible for my hair.
Relaxer: still undecided... may go back to optimum no lye, hate soft&beautiful organic no lye for drying out my hair
Shampoo: creme of nature is a keeper
Clarifying shampoo: Pantene is currently being experimented upon
Protein conditioner: Joico Kpac is a keeper ... may try audrey's gbp
Moisturizing conditioner: Clairol renewal 5x conditioner for colored/permed hair under experimentation
Leave in conditioner: Redken's anti-snap ... definitely a keeper
Hair cream: ORS Carrot Oil ... presently on my 3rd container and loving it
Natural oil: Castor oil ... mixing it with my carrot oil extends it's life span and my wallet's
grin.gif

I do like the AllSoft products. Next month is Redken month at Trade Secret. So they should be having buy one get one free again on the Litre sizes.

I bought the Anti-Snap today and some type of light hold cream. I haven't tried them yet but I was pleased with the texture of the anti-snap. I rubbed it on my hands and it absorbed just like lotion. Hopefully, I will be pleased with the products.

I use Anti Snap, Heat Treat for long hair, Extreme Shampoo...too much to list. I love Redken products, well worth the money. If used right they will last a long time. Oh yeah Heat Treat works well on dry hair too!

[ QUOTE ]
myhairsos said:
I hope so too considering the cost. Looking forward to some good news soon!

[/ QUOTE ]
____
My staple products are Giovanni and L'Anza so I am used to the cost but when a product works well you don't have to use a lot. My L'Anza shampoo and conditioner lasts a year.

Back