Redken Butter Treat....Oh boy....

Tracy

Guys seriously - I know I'm a PJ of the highest order - but this stuff is UNREAL.

Right off the bat - let me tell you it gets a 9.75 on a 1-10 scale - losing points only for smell. I like Vanilla, Coconut or Fruit - this is giving me more like Chanel No. 5...

But no matter.

This stuff ROCKS!

I used it with my old standbys - Lanza PP and Salerm 21 Leave In. Even my AIRDRIED hair is silky, shiny and looking good.

It left my hair with an incredible shine (and it's hard to make me incredulous with shine because I rinse all the time), and the tangles fell out - slip like you wouldn't believe. It was the after it was dry thing that caught me - much like my newly beloved Kenra (which it has a little more slip than) the result on dry hair was stunning. Gleamy, shiny, soft, and SMOOTH. The name says it all - the stuff is like Butter and it leaves the hair like BUTTAH!
drunk.gif

I loved it so much that I'm going home tonight and wash again so I can do a proper rollerset with my other new purchase - The Hot Tools Ionic Hood Dryer....
crazy.gif

As an aside: I don't like how that dryer looks and feels. It's very light in the *** compared to my old hood dryer (which broke a few days ago) and it seems to only have vents (where the air tha's drying your hair comes out) in the top and back of the hood. It just makes me wonder how it's gonna dry my hair evenly? But I'll post a review after I use it.
smile.gif

hey tracy do you mind sharing ur regimen? I'm not familiar with Lanza PP or Salerm 21 (also where do you purchase?) thanks! che

Wow Tracy, what a stunning review. Just so happens that I picked up a Smooth Down Kit the other day because I saw it for a great price and Boadicea raves about it also. The Butter Treatment is in there, so now I really can't wait to try. Did you leave it in or rinse it out?

BTW, girl I am sooo hooked on Kenra and DB right now. I don't know why I hadn't tried Kenra sooner, I sure wish I had. All I know is that I'm in love
love.gif

Thanks for posting your review
smile.gif

I rinsed it out Aqt......

Good good stuff. I really hope you like it...you know how products are - but I'm pleased.
smile.gif

dcpr - My regime is on the 365 Challenge thread - and I've updated it once or twice there as well.
smile.gif
Try a search with "365 Challenge" - I'll do the same and if I can find it I'll bump it for you. Right now thought my staple products are Lana Protein Plus Shampoo, Kenra Moisturzing Cond. and Now Butter Treat, or Elasta QP Breakage Serum if I need protein, Salerm leave. I buy them all locally - except the Kenra which I bought in Charlotte.

I live in NYC, so I'm not sure my locations would help.
ohwell.gif

Re: hot tools ionic dryer....

Tracy---I got the same dryer for Xmas. I've only used it once or twice and it;s alright. I don't like that it doesn't have more than two settings but it is very light. The vent factor wasn;t as much a factor as I thought it would be. I think something in the way that the dome/hood is shaped allows the air to circulate. HOWEVER, I recently started consistently rollersetting again. I am not as experienced in rollersetting as you are so I am really eager to hear your review of the dryer. I am unable to return it so I have pretty much grown to like it. Please be sure to share when you have formed an official opinion on the dryer.

I do know that it gets nowhere as hot as the Ion Ionic Hooded Dryer...don;t know if that's a good or bad thing though.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Wow Tracy, what a stunning review. Just so happens that I picked up a Smooth Down Kit the other day because I saw it for a great price and Boadicea raves about it also. The Butter Treatment is in there, so now I really can't wait to try. Did you leave it in or rinse it out?

BTW, girl I am sooo hooked on Kenra and DB right now. I don't know why I hadn't tried Kenra sooner, I sure wish I had. All I know is that I'm in love
love.gif

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Why am I not surprised that you have this TOO?
laugh.gif
I look forward to your review on it too.

Daviine - your approval certainly gives me more confidence - I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm very nervous about it though, because I recently pruchased a Hot Tools bonnet dryer and I HATED it.

I swear that thing barely gets warm. my hair is pretty fine and it takes 3 hours to get it to the point where it's not completely damp. Even after 3 hours it's STILL not completely dry. The one time I did stay under long enough to get it completely dry it was nothing like when I use my regular hardhat. I did a comparison with the old dryer I had (before it broke) and realized that my stinky rollerset results really was due to the Hot Tools soft bonnet. I hate that dryer.....
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:

love.gif

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Why am I not surprised that you have this TOO?
laugh.gif
I look forward to your review on it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

3 hrs under the Hot Tools Ionic Dryer? Oh my......after that "damaged hair dries fast" thread--I feel nervous--my hair never takes that long to dry......

That's the thing chica...

NEITHER DOES MINE!

It was three hours under the SOFT BONNET though. Cause if anyone's hair is damaged - 5 back to back color jobs later - it's mine, not yours.

Why must you tempt me, Tracy? I have a bathroom full of products I won't finish anytime soon. Now this!! Ok, let me just gauge your rating...Are you giving it Holy Grail status???

Tracy u use it both on wet and dry hair?
I wish I didn't see this thread. I just did a Yahoo search for it and since its only $12.95 I might just give it a try. I bought DB b/c of the raves and I like it. Maybe I will like it, I am looking for something that leaves my hair smooth when I airdry and an alternating con to use other than DB.

Shelli....almost....it's only the smell that causes it to fall short....that's it. It's got great ingredients and it makes my hair feel wonderful. I know me though - and for me holy grail status is a 10 - which means I'll never use anything else ever again.....

The smell might get on my nerves - so not QUITE there, but as close as anything I've ever used.
smirk.gif

Britt - nope just as a deep conditioner. I got it in Ricky's for 16.99 - but it's a large tube. You could probably find it cheaper locally.
smile.gif

I hate my soft bonnet dryer. It takes two hours for my hair to dry when at the salon, it takes less than an hour. My purple rollers barely fit, so how would grey ones fit? Im in the market for a good hard hat dryer but Im afraid that I'll never treat myself to salon visits anymore if I get one!

I hate my soft bonnet dryer. It takes two hours for my hair to dry when at the salon, it takes less than an hour. My purple rollers barely fit, so how would grey ones fit? Im in the market for a good hard hat dryer but Im afraid that I'll never treat myself to salon visits anymore if I get one!

ladies just so u know all ionic dryers take longer to dry. ion is suppose to be better because it causes less frizz but it's not as hot so thats why it takes forever.

Back