Redken All Soft or Smooth Down Butter

MizaniMami

Hey Ladies,
Have any of you used this line? I have the Smooth Down butter poo/con and the All Soft Heavy Cream, but I haven't tried either. My sis used the Smooth Down poo and the heavy cream and she said though she LOVED the poo, the cream made her hair VERY hard to detangle. You would think with all those cones slip would be no problem. Anyway, what do you girls think?

I've tried the All Soft Heavy Cream and hated it. It did the same thing to my hair as it did to your sisters. I haven't tried the smooth down butter because I am happy with the poo/cond combo I have now. I'm just on the look out for a good deep conditioner.

I have also tried the All Soft silk fuel which was pretty good for giving long term softness.

I LOVE All Soft Shampoo and Heavy Cream. The first time I used it I wasn't thrilled about the detangling ability of the heavy cream, but when I blow dried my hair, I was amazed at how soft it was. It's smells devine. I will be using this for a while.

Now I wash and condition my hair in sections (about 5 braids). It makes my hair a breeze to comb through, despite the 4a/b texture.

I highly recommend All Soft. Smooth Down is another story.....didn't like it at all.

Tene said:
I use to use the smooth down butter treat and I loved it.

Same here. :)

I'm not the biggest fan of commercial products. I prefer more natural things, but I love this and it's a keeper for me. I even use it as a leave in sometimes.

Last edited:
I like the all soft heavy cream. i bought it on a whim just to get free shipping on some other items I ordered.

I hate these products. I bougth some last July and used them twice ended up tossing them soon after. They left a horrible film on my hair and softenend it too much that it started to break off a little. Never again. I stick with my tried and true Kenra.

I have the whole line (except the shampoo) and it's ok but I will not be repurchasing them. I think Kenra MC, ORS RP and any AO conditioner does a much BETTER job.

All soft didn't do well in my hair. I bought the poo and conditioner and ended up giving away.

I did like Smooth down.

I used this last night with an ACV rinse with three inches of new growth and it is fabulous. My hair is shiny and soft.

I've used the All Soft Shampoo, Conditioner and the Allsoft Addictive Hair Transformer. It was great for the first couple of weeks, then my hair started to feel a little dry -- I guess the cones started to build up.

I still use it every once in a while, but when I do I clarify more frequently.

Aww man, I saw 2 litre bottles of the All Soft conditioner on clearance for $25, at my local Hair Cuttery. I was soooo tempted to get it, but with the mixed reviews, i don't think i will...:ohwell:

melodee said:
I love Smooth Down! :)
Same here, it does wonders for my hair. I love all of the products except for the detangling cream. I just started using Silk Fuel, leaves my hair silky soft.

I love the Redkin All Soft line. I'm surprised it's not mentioned as much on the forum. I do prefer the All Soft line over the Smooth Down though.

I love the Butter Treat. I use the Extreme line and Smooth Down lines. I don't really care for the All soft line. My hair loves the Extreme and Smooth down. I used them on my pic in the siggy. There are no other aides on my hair in the pic.

I purchased the Redken All Soft conditioner after a great review in Essence magazine. I was surprised after spending almost $20 my hair was hard. This product was a big waste of money I so wanted this product to work it Thumbs down on this product.

Back