Recs for moisturizing conditioner for c/o washes?

Ok ladies, this is the thing.

I conditioner wash my hair alot these days and love it. I usually use Elucence moisture balance, spray scurl then seal with Hot Six Oil. However I'm not liking the Elucence as much anymore.

I say this because I've done a few conditioner washes with Aubrey Organics GPB and the hair comes out SO MUCH MORE soft, moisturized and wavy. I'd love to just use GPB instead but I think its too expensive to use it only.

Is there a really good alternative moisturizing conditioner out there worth trying thats as good as GPB (but not as expensive). This is probably a question not poss. to answer but what the heck.

Let me know...

don't worry, i'll do a search....
nuts.gif

Doh!

Here's a list of what I use when I just rinse my hair with conditioner:

· Lafier Honey and Almond
· Miss Key 10 en 1Super Rinse
· Nacidit Avocado Rinse
· Nacidit Olive Oil Rinse
· Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner
· V05 Strawberries & Cream Conditioner

I've heard some great things about got2b product line. I've only used the fixx last night and it's still good so far. I think I remember Allandra recommending the protein conditioner by got2b and when I was in Walmart on my b'day a lady who was there recommended it as well. The price is in the $3 or $4 range for a nice size jar. It's in my closet (since 7/11) but I haven't used it yet on me. Tonight I think I will give it a try it.

I know you don't like Pantene or VO5... Blasphemy!
grin.gif

Have you tried any of the Suave copycats like the Humectant (fake Humectress) or Biobasics (fake Biolage Conditioning Balm)? How about Aussie Slip or 3-Minute Miracle? Or something by St. Ives or Nature's Gate...
(I've never used any of these for co washes. They are just some cheap, moisturizing conditioners that come to mind).

Cream Of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Detangling Conditioning Shampoo

It's relatively cheap (~$5 for 15 oz), and it's multi-functional. People on the forum say the slip is good.

I'll give it a go when my V05 runs out.

[ QUOTE ]
I know you don't like Pantene or VO5... Blasphemy!
grin.gif

Have you tried any of the Suave copycats like the Humectant (fake Humectress) or Biobasics (fake Biolage Conditioning Balm)? How about Aussie Slip or 3-Minute Miracle? Or something by St. Ives or Nature's Gate...
(I've never used any of these for co washes. They are just some cheap, moisturizing conditioners that come to mind).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sassygirl, you do know me don't you?
smile.gif
I'll try out these you've suggested as I've seen them everywhere. I've always wondered how good Suave is too. Nows as good a chance as any....

My two favorites are:

LeKair Cholesterol Plus (the peach one)

and

St. Ives Vanilla and Edelweiss Moisturizing Conditioner

JenJen, thanks for the info on St. Ives. I need a new conditioner wash conditioner, too and have been considering St. Ives. Will probably buy this today so I can save my expensive Kenra for shampoo washes!

It's funny that you say that about Elucence because the same thing was happening to me so I put it aside for awhile to try something else. Suave humectant is working ok for me now. We'll see what happens with continued use.

Re: Recs for moisturizing conditioner for c/o wash

Poster: brownrelaxedhair
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sassygirl, you do know me don't you?
smile.gif
I'll try out these you've suggested as I've seen them everywhere. I've always wondered how good Suave is too. Nows as good a chance as any....

[/ QUOTE ]

Only use Suave as a "shampoo" though. Follow up with one of your top quality conditioners. I like the Suave Coconut because it smells great.

My new thing now is to coat my length with Suave Coconut before I even set foot in the shower, finger part my hair then apply real shampoo to the scalp. Repeat if necessary or do a conditioner wash of the scalp with Suave.

[ QUOTE ]
Elucence stopped working for me in March 2003. It was good while it lasted though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was just me! I wonder why it stops working? Its like my hair got used to it and the effectiveness stopped.

Maybe I'll try Aussie Slip...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Elucence stopped working for me in March 2003. It was good while it lasted though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was just me! I wonder why it stops working? Its like my hair got used to it and the effectiveness stopped.

Maybe I'll try Aussie Slip...

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this happen! How does a conditioner just STOP WORKING?? If you lay off it for say a few months.. will it start working again?

Vevster,

This may be the reason behind some thinking your hair 'gets used to' products. It has been said to have a rotation of products around to avoid that. I've used Elucence only for c/o washes and its just not as good. I can see and feel the difference.

I'd rather find something else to use in its place, even if as an alternative.

Back