Reconstructors and Ayurvedics question

tricie

Hey, ladies,

For those of you who use Ayurvedic powders for shampooing or shampoo bars, do any of you use reconstructors after you "poo", and then DC? I had been using the APhogee 2 minute reconstructor after "regular" poo, and was wondering if it was ok after Ayurvedic poos.

TIA for your answers!

Hey, ladies,

For those of you who use Ayurvedic powders for shampooing or shampoo bars, do any of you use reconstructors after you "poo", and then DC? I had been using the APhogee 2 minute reconstructor after "regular" poo, and was wondering if it was ok after Ayurvedic poos.

TIA for your answers!
I am not quite sure what you mean by "ok", I guess. The powders can dry out your hair if not used correctly. You would want to alternate your protein and not do it on the same day you use indian powders in my opinion. I know for me when I first started out and learning what worked as far as mixes, If I clarified then used powders, henna's then aphogee'd on the same day, or clarify or chelated then used powders no matter what oil I mixed the powders with my hair was stripped and dry. It would take about a week of daily conditioning (with a moisturizing product w/ oils and powder mixed in it) to get it back to normal. In my opinion it's not a good idea to do them together. I can see doing a dc with a moisturizing conditioner, then f/u with a final rinse of powders mixed with stuff though.

Back