Recommendations for setting lotion?

Michon

Can anyone recommend a setting lotion that they're happy with? One that leaves your hair silky and soft and bouncy? I'm looking for a watery, liquid spray-on, not a creamy lotion. Thanks.

Currently, I am using the Patene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Wrap and Set Lotion. I use it for wet and dry roller sets, and with very good results.

northernbelle

Paul Mitchell conditioning styling foam is awesome. It makes your hair so full and soft with just the right amount of hold. And at the same time, its good for your hair cause it contaiins moisturizing properties.

I like using creamy leave-ins to do roller sets. It works much better on my hair than setting lotions. Like Mirror mentioned, the Paul Mitchell foam is awesome too (my stylist uses this to roller set my hair).

I like the Pantene
up.gif

I'm with Allandra, I like using leave-ins as setting lotion. They work quite well for me. My curls come out shiny and soft. The two I use for this are Biolage Leave-In Tonic and Aussie Hair Insurance.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm writing a list. I hope they have some of these in trial sizes, so I can get several
smile.gif
. I wish I could use creamy leave-ins, but I've tried several times and they always leave my hair feeling coated and weighted down. Hopefully the sprays here will work better.

Lottabody, but you may want to dilute it in water first, or your hair will dry very crispy. I prefer their cream though.
ohwell.gif

I got the Pantene setting lotion (and one by Mizani that I happened to see while I was in the store) today. I'll try those out for a couple of weeks, then slowly make my way through the list to see which sprays work best on my hair. I have lots of relatives I can share products with in case they don't work out.

I couldn't find the Paul Mitchell conditioning styling foam. Is it the one called Sculpting Foam?

[ QUOTE ]
[I couldn't find the Paul Mitchell conditioning styling foam. Is it the one called Sculpting Foam?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Michon
.........I just checked my bottle, it is the one that says sculpting foam and it smells like coconuts.

Hi Michon
.........I just checked my bottle, it is the one that says sculpting foam and it smells like coconuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, MirrorMirror!

Back