Recommendations for an entire hair line

lonei

Hey guys

After about 5 years of using mainly Giovanni products, my hair doesn't seem to be responding to it that well and I am considering making some changes. I have textlaxed hair that can Matt when wet and needs help detangling and eliminating frizzes when rollersetting. I need an entire line that has

A clarifying poo
A moisturising poo
A moisturing con (that detangles textlaxed hair)
A light protein con (not like Aphogee that makes your hair hard and tangled)
A leave in conditioner (which is preferably enough to rollerset and make the hair smooth, light and shiny)
A serum/other product if needs be to rollerset (the roots have to be flat ironed after and this product must be strong enough to not have to add extra before the flat iron but after the rollerset
An oil (light) to add during the week
A product like NTM leave in that detangles dry hair very well

If you can't recommend an entire line, pls list specific products and explain why. Due to mishaps in the past, changing a product line is something I take very seriously and will research properly before I do. Thanks and God bless x

There's an all natural african line that i use from time to time called Gueyes . it works really well for me when i do use it I haven't tried all the products together though at one time but everything that I have gotten from them works wonders

Keracare has a serum also. Its a complete line, not sure if there's a clarifier.

Kerastase
Kenra
Aloxxi
Redken
Aveda

All of these are complete lines and work very well.

As for the matting, perhaps the hair was already tangled and wetting plus manipulation makes it mat. Oil detangling before washing, hot oil treatments and finger detangle, overnight baggying and finger detangle should resolve that issue

Last edited:
Claudie's has everything you just mentioned and more. Her products are some of the best I've ever used. :love:

I've just ordered some Bee Mine samples.....always reading rave reviews for this line. I'm looking forward to using their nourishing shampoo bar. I've never used a poo bar before!

Claudie's has everything you just mentioned and more. Her products are some of the best I've ever used. :love:

tiffers I am actually thinking of doing this once I use up my ridiculous stash of stuff. I like her creamy moisturizers and treatments, not to mention the scents!

If I had to stick with just one product line, I would go with Aveda Damage Remedy. The shampoo isn't sulfate free and has cones, but it's the only shampoo my hair likes. All of their Damage Remedy products contain wheat protein. My hair likes this protein because it's pretty light and I can use it everyday without ever worrying about suffering from protein overload. Also, I love their daily hair repair leave-in. It detangles better than anything else I've used and it's light enough to use before blow drying or flat ironing without weighing hair down.

I just wish it was more affordable, but it's not so I'm looking for less expensive alternatives.

keracare

but they don't have a leave in for dry hair, or a daily oil that I can remember. But i'm sure you can use jojoba for daily use with no problem.

The reformulated version of Keracare (gold bottles) has everything that you need

http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/keracare.html

A clarifying poo - Keracare 1st lather shampoo

A moisturising poo - Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo

A moisturing con (that detangles textlaxed hair) - keracare Humecto

A light protein con (not like Aphogee that makes your hair hard and tangled)- keracare intensive restorative mask

A leave in conditioner (which is preferably enough to rollerset and make the hair smooth, light and shiny) - keracare leave in conditioner new formula

A serum/other product if needs be to rollerset (the roots have to be flat ironed after and this product must be strong enough to not have to add extra before the flat iron but after the rollerset - keracare silken seal

An oil (light) to add during the week- keracare essential oils for hair

A product like NTM leave in that detangles dry hair very well- keracare leave in conditioner new formula

I second Nairobi Hair Care Products. I have a new stylist that practices healthy hair care (she is awsome) and she uses this line. I just switched to Mizani BB and she says she only use Nairobi Relaxer systems so guess what, my next relaxer will be Nairobi. I've only been to her twice but I did notice ALL her customers have beautiful long flowing hair...go figure.

If I had to say an entire line, then I would say Bee Mine, Elucence, or Aveda (combo of Dry Remedy and Damage Remedy lines).

Thanks everyone, I use to use Keracare back in the day so i have gone with that-the gold bottles. I didnt know their stuff had been reformulated so i didnt get their leave in as i tried it before and it was rubbish! I have gone back to Salerm 21. This is what i bought:

A serum/other product if needs be to rollerset (the roots have to be flat ironed after and this product must be strong enough to not have to add extra before the flat iron but after the rollerset - keracare silken seal

I also bought Affirm 5 In 1 Reconstructor-any reviews as I havent used it yet?

I will keep you guys updated.

Thank you ladies xxx

Definitely Avlon's Affirm and Keracare. They now have a sulfate and paraben-free shampoo line in the brown bottles and jars. Giovanni only worked for me for a very short while also but Keracare and believe it or Moroccan Oil moisturizing poo, serum, hydrating masques and restorative masques are awesome. I mostly alternate between these two lines now. Good luck.

The reformulated version of Keracare (gold bottles) has everything that you need

http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/keracare.html

A light protein con (not like Aphogee that makes your hair hard and tangled)- keracare intensive restorative mask

A leave in conditioner (which is preferably enough to rollerset and make the hair smooth, light and shiny) - keracare leave in conditioner new formula

A product like NTM leave in that detangles dry hair very well- keracare leave in conditioner new formula
keracare intensive restorative mask

Don't forget they have Avlon's Keracare Super reconstructor as well which I believe is stronger than the restorative mask. It sure cost a pretty penny. Affirm also from Avlon, has a strong protein conditioner called Sustenance.

Thanks everyone, I use to use Keracare back in the day so i have gone with that-the gold bottles. I didnt know their stuff had been reformulated so i didnt get their leave in as i tried it before and it was rubbish! I have gone back to Salerm 21. This is what i bought:

I also bought Affirm 5 In 1 Reconstructor-any reviews as I havent used it yet?

I will keep you guys updated.

Thank you ladies xxx

I have used the 5 in 1 reconstructor and it is a little light but effective. A stronger one would be the Super Reconstructor.

Back