recommendation of protein treatment? not aphogee

Wanderland

Can anyone recommend a protein treatment that isn't aphogee? I tried some about 2 days ago, and I experinced an amount shedding, and some breakage that I haven't seen since I decided to take care of my hair (about 1 month ago). And afterwards my ends felt terrible (I trimmed about 3 weeks ago), and completely dried out. I realize its protein and animal protein at that and subject to dry your hair out, but it didn't seem work it to me. I got the product to eliminate or at best minimize the small amount of shedding and breakage I was getting but it caused more. I'm still combatting this dryness (its gotten a lot better, with honey conditioner, and mango butter), but I'm afraid to use the product again (I'm a little angry at myself for wasting a 10 dollars on a product I didn't like). So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions I am a natural 4a, OS fine spongy texture by Lois system?
BTW- you ladies and the ladies of np have tremendously helped me and my hair, I'm so thankful!

Welcome
smile.gif

I like Nexxus Emergence

Joico K-Pak Reconstructor or Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancer for a milder protein treatment.

I am 4a/b relaxed and I use motions CPR shampoo and conditioner, it strenghtens the hair, leves it soft and gives extra slip. My mum is 4a/b natural and she uses it when she washes her hair. She only uses the motions CPR (instead of non protein products) and loves how it feels afterwards, thus, in my case it works wonders for both relaxed and natural hair. It also stops sheeding and breakage in my experience.

i really love Aubrey GPB, Eqyss Mega-Tek and recently tried and liked Salerm 21. none of these products make the hair hard like Aphogee. i think you should try GPB first. you can find it at stores like Whole Foods or online...

I keep hearing rave reviews about Dudley's DRC-28 but it's very hard to find. I just found out were it is sold here but the store ran out!
mad.gif

Go to Dudley's website http://www.dudleyq.com & click salon locator & see if it's available in your area.

I'm with the ladies that recommended the Aubrey Organics GPB. I have been using it for a little over 2 months and it really works wonders. It's a great natural detangler...and it leaves the hair so soft. The comb slips right through my hair with it. Using it weekly has really cut down on my shedding. You can get it for a good price at the Vitamin Shoppe.

Wanderland I had the same results as you did. Only I was stupid enough to try the aphogee more than once. I came to the conclustion it was just too strong for my hair as it's very fine. Like the other ladies here I have used Kpak for many years and have gotten very good results. It is kinda of pricey but well worth it. If you are looking for somethinhg cheaper I would say try the nutress protein pack. They sell them at sallys for about a buck fifty. I use this off and on and it works pretty well. Good luck.

I also have problems with Aphoghee...also because my hair is too fine.

I've always had better results with Nexxus Emergencee and more recently Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum.
wink.gif

I always follow each with a 5 minute (at least) stint with a moisturizing conditioner. Helps balance out the protein and moisture like someone else suggested.

For creamy reconstructors Dudley's Hair Rebuilder is probably the most effective I've used.

Out of all the Protein treatment I have tried DUDLEY'S DRC
is most effective on my hair.
I cant believe the result I have had with it never plan to run out seems to strengthen my hair immediately.
AUBREY'S GPB is my favorite mild protein treatment pushed over ors hair mayo.

check out my "i'm a tigi bed head chocolate" post.
smile.gif
i have fine textured ("o" daughter on the lois scale) hair and my hair
love.gif
's the bed head chocolate head. i've also heard good things about the kenra moisturizing conditioner, but i haven't tried my sample of it yet.
smile.gif
motions cpr worked great on my hair at deep conditioning too.
up.gif

ooooohhhh, i almost forgot ! ! !
think.gif

aveda cherry almond bark reconstructing conditioner, left on all night, worked WONDERS for my hair too.
grin.gif

Is Dudley's DRC and Dudley's Hair Rebuilder the same product, or no??
confused.gif
I may want to try that when my Nexxus Emergencee runs out.
smile.gif

Lindy,The DRC is stronger protein treatment than hair rebuilder and comes in liquid form.
The hair rebuilder is cream and some people follow up with the hair rebuilder after the DRC treamtment I have been using Lust.
I have heard a couple of members mention their stylist
said DRC treatment is more effective following up with the
hair rebuilder I need to try it.

Back