Recipe for auyervedic tea rinse?

yodie

I'm sure this information is somewhere on the forum, but how do I make an auyervedic tea rinse?

If you check out my journal I have a couple in there.

I put my powder in a tea bag and let it set in a cup of hot water. Let it cool and pour over the hair as a final rinse.

use 2 TEAspoons( not TABLEspoons) of the powder of your choice... boil with 2 or 3 cups of water.... drain the powder off.. let remaining water cool then put it on your hair... I like to baggy & leave it on for a few hours, then rinse well followed by co-wash

Im beginning to play with brewing the powders & herbs in a coffee maker

I put my powder in a tea bag and let it set in a cup of hot water. Let it cool and pour over the hair as a final rinse.

Dlewis, where do you get your tea bags to you purchase them clean or discard product from tea bags?

I have been looking for unused tea bags and cannot find them anywhere.

Dlewis, where do you get your tea bags to you purchase them clean or discard product from tea bags?

Im using these ( the empty filters posted on top right of pic)
41R6AqHKlFL._AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Presto-09993-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1206466083&sr=1-1

I answered your pm. A member sent them to me but I believe I've seen them around. Let me know if you need me to send you some.

I'm going to the indian store tom and I'm certain I saw them there to.

use 2 TEAspoons( not TABLEspoons) of the powder of your choice... boil with 2 or 3 cups of water.... drain the powder off.. let remaining water cool then put it on your hair... I like to baggy & leave it on for a few hours, then rinse well followed by co-wash

Im beginning to play with brewing the powders & herbs in a coffee maker

I use to do that but the family complained about the smell so bad I had to change.

Thanks. I'll study your journal.

Last edited:
i have mine sitting in water now, what i did is took an old lipton tea bag from tea that i dont like, empty the contents, replace with i ts shik, 2 ts amla, 1ts horsetail and reclose bag put 2 cups of very hot( i have a water dispenser that dispense very hot water or cold water) in a mason jar add the teabag and cover until im ready to wash tomorrow..

do not boil the powders because this can weaken the effects. Only boil the water

Back