Really bad weave & make-up

candychild45

Ok since, joining this site I have learned so much about maintaining healthy and beautiful hair and Im definitely on my way. (I got a 1/2" of new growth in the past 4 weeks) but anyway, last night I was on the train and there was this lady standing next to me that I felt so bad for, she had in this bone straight weave with the nappiest hair sticking up underneath with so much gel packed in that it was a shame and then the make-up was just like basically caked on to a face that was breaking out. I swear I wanted to give her some baby wipes to get rid of the make-up and some serious tips on hair care. I find it such a pity when women do stuff like that to themselves to maintain that image of beauty. I thought she would have been pretty without all that excess stuff but I guess in her head its different.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
she had in this bone straight weave with the nappiest hair sticking up underneath

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have anything against a well-done weave job, but...

It's even worse when the jacked up person is a child. I see some of the craziest looking extensions on little girls... Each time I see a certain little girl in my apartment complex, her real hair is shorter and in worse shape but that long weave is bone straight and blowing in the wind behind her like a Pantene commercial. The weave sticks out from her head and you can clearly see her real hair underneath when you get within 5 ft. of her. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Why even bother? A twa would be a major improvement...

It makes me wonder what her mother's hair looks like! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Trust me sassy, from afar it proabably would pass for a decent weave job but up close it was the furthest thing from. Personally I hate to see kids with weaves, it makes me wonder about their parents and why they would allow their child to get those things. My sister has natural hair and is going to have natural hair for a long while to come, the only time her hair ever has that straight look is when we decide to use a curling iron to straighten it a bit other than that we wash and braid and she has the healthiest and thickest head of hair Ive ever seen. Personally, sometimes I wish my mother never permed my hair but now Im so use to relaxed hair that I cant go back to being natural.

Back