Real-life Rapunzel, 12, set to cut hair for the first time...

lilyofthenile

* Searched to make sure I wasn't reposting and if I did please feel free to delete this thread mods, if wrong category, please move also.

Real-life Rapunzel, 12, set to cut hair for the first time... and plans to sell the 5ft 2in mane for £3,500

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2117592/Natasha-Moraes-Andrade-Real-life-Rapunzel-12-cuts-hair-time.html?ITO=1490

Her hair is gorgeous!

She has beautiful hair. Long hair clues, she has never cut it and she thinks sea water damages her hair. Shampoo once a week. Took her 12 years to grow and retain 60 inches.

It's pretty. I'm wondering why she keeps it out. Why not put it in a beautiful braided style or up somehow.

As far as her legs and dress - remember she's living in an area where style is not priority and Brazilians are known for showing flesh.

I need to be there with a bucket to catch that hair. That's how you KNOW your weave is virgin. In more ways than one...

I need to be there with a bucket to catch that hair. That's how you KNOW your weave is virgin. In more ways than one...

:lachen::lachen::lol:

This made my day.

Ugh at some of the comments on the link, if you scroll down you'll see people going in about her weight (she's 12!). Reminds me of my middle sister at that age.

My first thought was that she could make at least a cool $1000 if she turns it into a full lace wig. :lol:

Right. I'm doing the math like if we all chip in...those of us with more expensive taste can purchase some 24", high-density lace fronts and those of us looking for a more afforable option can put together a 27-piece with the scraps.

:lachen:

Last edited:
I wouldn't have guessed 12, but her hair is pretty. I wonder how much she'll cut? She could easily lose half and still have super long hair.

The comments on that article make me mad. She is a child who cares if she has hairy legs. Aside from that minor rant, beautiful hair. My dd, 4 years old, said she wants her hair to be that long. Well not if I have to take care of it:lachen:. It takes a while for me to do her WL hair now. Can you imagine having to wash and styleall of that hair?? Well I'm sure at her age she can do it herself.

Just because hair is long don't make it beautiful. It really didn't look completely healthy to me.:ohwell: I'm glad she is chopping because her hair probably weighed more than she did.:nono::lol: Now she can enjoy being a kid, I hope. In her pics, she looked so sad.

Last edited:
Her hair looks nice, but why do I keep thinking she looks dirty--like needs a shower & scrubbing with a scrub brush dirty?

This is sad to me. Her hair makes her miserable and is a financial burden to her family, but she wants to sell it to give her family a better life.

Back