"REAL" 4A/B Texlax wash and go hair..?

hottopic

What products do you use for a wash and go. I tried it for the 1st time tonight to see what my hair looks like as a wash and go…. “eek.” It was not pretty. Please help. I have real 4a/b thick hair. No extra hair type here. Please help. I am looking for something I can purchase over the counter tomorrow. I want to unlock my curls. :)

I see the other wash and go threads..but none address a true 4 a/b. I know someone out there has a success story.

I'm a true 4a/b, but i was texturized. and natural for the longest time. (I actually just relaxed my hair bone straight this weekend for the first time in 5 years)

Anyway. I have a million products that I used when I was texurized. I'm just not sure if texlaxing (what is that?) and texurizing are the same thing...

Aaaanyway. I was an experimenter... (I still am, cuz i'll be doing wash n gos with my relaxed hair too)

and my staples were IC fantasia clear gel. That stuff is the be all and end all.
Along with that, a good conditioner when your hair is still wet- the pantene curl line conditioner- it's sooo rich and moisturizing.

then I would put a great serum on top of that for shine and manageability.

Actually. that's the essence of a good wash n go.
1. conditioner when wet.
2. good styling gel or mousse- that's what makes the curls pop
3. serum to keep hair together and shiny.

within that 1,2,3 combo, i'd experiement with diff products, layering and stuff everyday to get the best results.

hope that helps!

"REAL" meaning...no mixture of 3's,2's or 1's. Just straight happy nappy tight coils........ :) I don't have any mixtures of my hair. For wash and go style hair type matters. Not every product will work for "all" hair type.

metro_qt said:
I'm a true 4a/b, but i was texturized. and natural for the longest time. (I actually just relaxed my hair bone straight this weekend for the first time in 5 years)

Anyway. I have a million products that I used when I was texurized. I'm just not sure if texlaxing (what is that?) and texurizing are the same thing...

Aaaanyway. I was an experimenter... (I still am, cuz i'll be doing wash n gos with my relaxed hair too)

and my staples were IC fantasia clear gel. That stuff is the be all and end all.
Along with that, a good conditioner when your hair is still wet- the pantene curl line conditioner- it's sooo rich and moisturizing.

then I would put a great serum on top of that for shine and manageability.

Actually. that's the essence of a good wash n go.
1. conditioner when wet.
2. good styling gel or mousse- that's what makes the curls pop
3. serum to keep hair together and shiny.

within that 1,2,3 combo, i'd experiement with diff products, layering and stuff everyday to get the best results.

hope that helps!

metro_qt Thank you. I think I actually already have IC fantasia clear gel in my goodie pack from my PJ days. I will give it a try. Oh, "texlaxing" means using regular relaxer for a shorter amount of time. Normal you get the same results as having a texurizer.

"real" 4b/a checking in.
:lol:

i'm texlaxed and the pic in my siggy is a wash and go pulled into ponytail. no product, in fact, i believe this was a con wash.

I was in your photo album the other day. I love your hair. My texlax has not grown to your lenght as of yet. I still have bone straight ends. Do you do twist outs on particially dried hair?

hottopic said:
"REAL" meaning...no mixture of 3's,2's or 1's. Just straight happy nappy tight coils........ :) I don't have any mixtures of my hair. For wash and go style hair type matters. Not every product will work for "all" hair type.

How would you know that if you're relaxed? And technically wouldn't 4a/b be a mixture? Try the Fantasia gel and scrunch.

bmoreflyygirl said:
How would you know that if you're relaxed? And technically wouldn't 4a/b be a mixture? Try the Fantasia gel and scrunch.

Well. I sometimes stretch 5 months at a time. So yes I am a 4 a/b thick. 4ab is just a tag used to identify the type of hair that I have. If you have my hair type I want your suggestion. If you don't it is not going to help me. I just did the Fantasia and I am waiting for final product.

hottopic said:
Well. I sometimes stretch 5 months at a time. So yes I am a 4 a/b thick. 4ab is just a tag used to identify the type of hair that I have. If you have my hair type I want your suggestion. If you don't it is not going to help me. I just did the Fantasia and I am waiting for final product.

I'm a 4a but I'm natural so that's going to make a difference. If half of your hair is still straight, I think you mentioned that the ends of it aren't texlaxed they're still straight. Then that part might not curl up. You might have to do a twist out or something to get it all one uniform texture.

hottopic said:

I understand what you mean. Like the hair type that is not as easily defined as say the kelishish silky hair types, that spiral up at the thought of water. If u still have straight ends, it will be difficult to do a wash and go, but for my 4a hair the only thing that has really given me consistent good looking results are Kinky Curly Curly Custard and Fantasia IC gel with a good leave in under it. Other than those two, my hair laughs at everything else.

Love your hair DSylla, its so healthy and thick. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
Back