Ready to rip my hair out!!!

tlbaby23

Ugh!! I had senegalese twists in for about a month now and i had to take them out because i was starting to look terrible. My edges and new growth were lookin rough and my hair was frizzing between the twists since my hair is 4b so it was NOT a good look.

Last night I did an over not hot oil treatment then like an IDIOT i completely forgot to detangle my hair before i washed it! :nono: My hair is soooooo tangled!! So i thought maybe if i drench it in conditioner, wait a little bit then detangle it would work...nope. FAIL! Its so hard to detangle, im getting that ripping sound that we all dread so much, my scalp hurts from all the pulling, i got enough breakage in my sink to make a afro wig, i just got my "friend" so im cramping n i have NOOO patience for this mess. Not in a good mood right now :nono:

tlbaby23 said:
Ugh!! I had senegalese twists in for about a month now and i had to take them out because i was starting to look terrible. My edges and new growth were lookin rough and my hair was frizzing between the twists since my hair is 4b so it was NOT a good look.

Last night I did an over not hot oil treatment then like an IDIOT i completely forgot to detangle my hair before i washed it! :nono: My hair is soooooo tangled!! So i thought maybe if i drench it in conditioner, wait a little bit then detangle it would work...nope. FAIL! Its so hard to detangle, im getting that ripping sound that we all dread so much, my scalp hurts from all the pulling, i got enough breakage in my sink to make a afro wig, i just got my "friend" so im cramping n i have NOOO patience for this mess. Not in a good mood right now :nono:

I used luvnaturals detangler on my DS locs when I took them down this weekend. It was excellent!

My hair dreads a lot and the only two products that work for me are The Detangler by Mane and Tail and Hair One for Dry Hair.

tlbaby23, take a deep breath. Make a cup of tea and relax. Get your spray bottle, fill it with water, separate your hair into smaller sections as best you can and then slowly finger detangle each section with more conditioner and water applied to the section you are working on. TAKE YOUR TIME. Don't rush or you will get frustrated and rip your hair out. You will get through this--we have all been there a time or two in the past and probably will again in the future. Just remember--relax and go slowly.

Please take a breather. Take care of them cramps, cause girl i get the worse cramps and i cant deal with anything. Try to get your hair in to small sections. get some oil and conditioner with good slip and a detangler. And take your sweet time. Watch a movie, eat some food in between, just take your time. If you do anything to your hair while your frustrated and panicking, you'll make it worse or do something you'll regret. Maybe try using your fingers. Take as many small sections as you can. It may take hours, but take your time.

First Step : BREATHE baby BREATHE! :blush:

Second Step: Get out your slippy-ess conditioner and a spray bottle of water.

Third Step: Get out your best detangling comb.

Fourth Step: Get your patience levels up (because for step five your gonna need it:yep:)

Sixth Step: Take as long as you need to to carefully detangle. Make sure you take small sections, re-wet your section then apply a ample amount of condiitoner then finger detangle and then remove the major tangles with your comb.

Its going to take a while, but the good part about this is there is no setbacks in the end:yep:.

Thank you everyone for all the advice!! You guys are great and thats y i love this forum!! I did what you guys said and took a break (also popped in some pain pills haha) After HOURS of detangling and pushing through the pain i finally got all the knots out. As i type im sitting under the dryer deep conditioning. Today was not my best hair day but im glad its over!!

I think it would be.a good idea to gently loosen the knots with a very thin object like a sewing needle.borax diluted in water helps too after prepooing. Take your time

Back