Reading inspirational works by non-Christian authors

Glib Gurl

Someone recently recommended that I readThe Four Agreements. This looks like a great read but I am a little (well, more than a little) deterred by the fact that the author is some sort of shaman.

What do you all do when you are faced with inspirational messages from non-Christian sources? I have been through too much spiritual warfare to play around with things that might open me up to attack.

Glib Gurl said:
Someone recently recommended that I readThe Four Agreements. This looks like a great read but I am a little (well, more than a little) deterred by the fact that the author is some sort of shaman.

What do you all do when you are faced with inspirational messages from non-Christian sources? I have been through too much spiritual warfare to play around with things that might open me up to attack.

What is a shaman?

I think that you will know upon beginning to read it whether or not to put it down, toss it out, etc.

I think your Spirit will lead you. If you feel a certain discomfort and uneasiness when trying to read something and just don't have peace about it, then you know to leave it alone. :yep:

I've had to do this before also.

Back