Read some awful things about Sedu on amazon.com

I was considering buying a Sedu iron in my area after reading reviews on Folica.com but then i decided to check Amazon.com and got totally turned off. According to reviewers there,, Sedu doesnt have a spring in it so if u clamp down it'll snag, it gets super hot to touch, and the company misrepresented themselves by saying theyre "featured in allure mag" when they had a tiny ad at the end of the mag,, anyone who owns one like to make a rebuttal lol? im interested in a new iron becuz my stupid CHI turbo has the insulation burning right off it GRRR and i bought the dumb thing overppriced, stupid Koreans:mad: lol, if its even real, anyhoo I was checking out the T3 tourmaline, anyone own this??

Yes, the iron does get hot on the outside but it's only a concern if you're one of the people who likes to hold the other side with your hand as your pressing down. I don't do that so it doesn't bother me.

I don't experience any snags with the Sedu. It's the smoothest iron I've ever seen. The plates are like marble.

hairlove said:
Yes, the iron does get hot on the outside but it's only a concern if you're one of the people who likes to hold the other side with your hand as your pressing down. I don't do that so it doesn't bother me.

I don't experience any snags with the Sedu. It's the smoothest iron I've ever seen. The plates are like marble.

Exaaactlty the plates feel like glass. I have never had a snag with the sedu. EVER! It doesn't have springs so it can be easy for those who use one hand to get the plates flat. It actually helps me in turn.

But it can be hot to the touch. I don't understand why they didn't engineer it with some type of cloth protectant over the handles.

As far as the magazine thing, I heard that too. But IMO it is a great iron so i could care less.

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
I was considering buying a Sedu iron in my area after reading reviews on Folica.com but then i decided to check Amazon.com and got totally turned off. According to reviewers there,, Sedu doesnt have a spring in it so if u clamp down it'll snag, it gets super hot to touch, and the company misrepresented themselves by saying theyre "featured in allure mag" when they had a tiny ad at the end of the mag,, anyone who owns one like to make a rebuttal lol? im interested in a new iron becuz my stupid CHI turbo has the insulation burning right off it GRRR and i bought the dumb thing overppriced, stupid Koreans:mad: lol, if its even real, anyhoo I was checking out the T3 tourmaline, anyone own this??
Search the board for more reviews. You'll have more pros and cons than you ever dreamed of.

Back