Read opinion needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSBD

I'm transitionng because my hair just doesn't do well with relaxers, but i know i'm going to want to where my hair straight, but i don't want to cause heat damage and lose my natural curl again. I got a relaxer because i thought it would help my hair grow because i was ging to use the cathy howse methods, but it just did not work out. i'm so confused i just need some opinions.

If you r natural y...do you straighten ur hair if not why.

If relaxed y and do you plan to relax the rest of your life...

I'm just saying there is no point of me cutting off all of my hear to go natural and end up with heat damaged hair...HELP

oh and what is Nappturality

Last edited:
SSBD said:
I'm transitionng because my hair just doesn't do well with relaxers, but i know i'm going to want to where my hair straight, but i don't want to cause heat damage and lose my natural curl again. I got a relaxer because i thought it would help my hair grow because i was ging to use the cathy howse methods, but it just did not work out. i'm so confused i just need some opinions.

If you r natural y...do you straighten ur hair if not why.

If relaxed y and do you plan to relax the rest of your life...

I'm just saying there is no point of me cutting off all of my hear to go natural and end up with heat damaged hair...HELP
Well, in the end you have to decide what is best for your hair. I'm relaxed because it's easier for ME to maintain and I like wearing my hair straight all the time (on occasion I might throw in a little curl). I plan on staying that way for the rest of my life.

If you do decide to continue transitioning to natural, then you can always use a really good heat protectant when you straighten your hair. Actually, being natural might be really good for you because there may be times when you don't always want your hair straight and it would be good for you to still have that option of going back and forth.

I'm natural for a lot of reasons and I've never straightened my natural hair.

and np is a website. just put .com after it

I'm natural for many reasons, I plan on staying natural. I do flat iron my hair once a month (sometimes I may go 2mths without straitening) using Dudley's creme press, spritz, and wrapping lotion. Works well on my hair and it actually last. I do it mainly to see my growth, length, and to trim my hair if needed.

I have enjoyed experimenting with my natural hair for the last two years. I have not had a problem with heat damage. I also keep my maxiglide on a low setting to reduce the heat, I also blow dry before flat ironing and I do that on cool setting. As soon as I wash and condition, my curls are back.

I too am transitoning (I'm 4 and half months post) mostly because I'm becoming too poor and lazy to keep up relaxed hair, but also because I want to see what my natural hair really looks like. That being said, I have not worn it straight or having any desire to wear it straight right now.

I do not have a perm but I do straighten my hair on a regular basis (usually every 2 weeks). My hair is extremely curly on the sides and back, more wavy/straight in the front and middle. I used to perm and even though my hair is coarse the perms was thinning my hair and balding me too. It is not that serious for me to have a perm.

Back