Re-twisting 2 strands at night, what should I use?

kitten73

Hello ladies! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends and for the mothers out there, hope you had a lovely day yesterday. I am hoping someone can offer some advice. I am new to the 2 strand twisting and made an attempt Saturday night. It came out ok but tonight when I go home I am not sure what to do. Last night I just put on a bonnet and I was okay but I think I will have to re-twist tonight. What should I use? After I washed I used the twist and loc gel in the purple and yellow tub (no flaking thank god). I don't want to put that in again because it makes the hair wet. If anyone can help I really appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S. I am transitioning and have not permed since last August, I have about 3 or 4 inches of new growth I think (haven't measured) and the rest is relaxed ends which by the way are driving me crazy! LOL

Mango butter or virgin shea butteR?

I find the Elasta QP mango butter leaves my hair moisturised but not wet. It defines my twists more.

I used Hawaiian Silky and mine turned out okay.

What I would suggest though is to add a flexi rod or roller to your ends, so your twists don't have a straight look.

You ladies are awesome. I am leaving the office now and will pick up some mango butter and shea butter. i will try them both.

since i use shea butter on my wash day, when i re-twist during the week i just spritz my hair with water and then smooth on a water-based moisturizer and then seal with coconut oil (and maybe place some more shea butter on the ends.)

I do this every night and try not to use too much product.

Thanks so much for the tip. I picked up some pure shea butter, my BSS had the mango butter but it was dark yellow! I read on the board that means it's not good. I let the owner know but I doubt he will do anything. I also purchased some satin covered sponge rollers and will use that on the ends. I have some coconut serum from Organix I am going to seal the ends with. Wish me luck ladies. Thank you all for responding.

Back