Re-Introduction

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
It's Lisa from SC. 'Sassy' on the old forum. Y'all switched up on me again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif My hair goals have changed, so here goes:
I relaxed my own hair at home from 1998 until June/July 2002 with no problems at all. As a matter of fact, my hair was healthier than when I was spending a fortune at the salon. My hair was in good shape—I don’t why I got scared all of a sudden. But I let someone talk me into going to a so-called professional for a touch-up, anyway. Within days my hair was crackling when I combed it and little pieces were all over my shoulders and the sink. Eventually, the crown area broke off to about 2”!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif It took about three weeks of ApHogee protein treatments to stop the breakage completely. But how do you style your hair when you don’t have any in the middle /images/graemlins/confused.gif ?! That’s when I became obsessed with growing a new head of healthy hair. I just wanted to give my hair a break from styling and chemicals. I planned to relax it again when it was healthy. After a while, I was like, “Why?” My new growth wasn’t as ugly or as hard to manage as I thought it was. No political statements here--I am simply scared stiff to put another relaxer in my hair! The choice to keep my hair natural was basically made for me. I had a choice of healthy, growing, nappy hair on my head or handfuls of straight hair all over my shoulders, floor and sink. It was a no brainer, trust me. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif There was a time when I would have killed for hair like twins on the show 'Sister, Sister' (the last season). Many women manage to maintain long, healthy, relaxed hair. I guess I’m not one of them.
My short term goal is to grow 4-5 inches of hair and cut off the relaxed ends.

Hi Sassygirl...Alot of us had serious withdrawl symptoms until the new site was ready! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Glad you found us...I think we lost a few others(Does anyone know Carrie's email address???) I'm trying to locate her and a few others. I know what you mean about being afraid to relax. I get this urge(about once a month) to relax...especially when I see all the healthy, relaxed hair here...but then I remember how messed up my hair got .... and how thick it feels now and I change my mind. I think I'm one of those who can't relax either, and I don't want to go through all the stress I was going though over a year ago. So for now I am once again happy to be natural(especially after I found a pic from Feb and see how much it's grown since then). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sweetcocoa, Carrie is around, she already registered, she is probably just busy. Also jade has been busy with work, and will be on vacation for 3 weeks, im sure they will catch up..

Sassy girl, is your pic a real picture of your hair now?! How long is your hair, and what was your growth rate per month?

I wish! That's a pic of Scary Spice. My hair would be chin length if it were able to lay down anymore. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif My hair seems to be growing "out" instead of "down"! I never measured my hair, so I don't know how fast it grew before. My last relaxer was in July/August. I have about 1"- 2" of new growth. The front and sides seem to be growing faster than the back...

Scary Spice? Er, uh, I knew that, really!
pokeball_smile.gif

I think our hair is about the same length. Wanna race?! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
oglorious1 said:
I think this was worth bumping up from the dead...so the new people can get to know the old people...

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif OH! I didnt notice the dates of the initial post until I saw that you bumped it. I was getting confused when I read Sassygirl125 saying "Im Lisa from SC. Sassy from the old forum." I was like "WHAT!?" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Wow - Sassy how far have you come since then?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder too...

...and when r we gonna see pics of you hair? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

One more time for those who missed it...
I'm a 4A/B, usually in braid or twist extensions, my hair shed like crazy in 1999 from sebhorric dermatitis and not eating right, had a TWA for a while(I rarely took pictures when I had 1), can't think of anything else right now....

[ QUOTE ]
oglorious1 said:
One more time for those who missed it...

[/ QUOTE ]

...well there were only 6 old members in this thread before you bumped it and they still make posts in threads too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am glad my Girl Sassy was here when I joined the forum she is one of my SC connections and Thanks for trading and sending me products I cant find. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
oglorious1 said:
I think this was worth bumping up from the dead...so the new people can get to know the old people...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang oglorious1 you was "digging in the crates" /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

My heart started beating fast when I saw this. I thought somebody was going to yell at me for something I said 100 yrs ago. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Whoa. I was a "hair virgin". I called all protein conditioners "Aphogee". /images/graemlins/rofl.gif I used the real Aphogee once. For the life of me, I can't remember the ones I used later...

I kinda wish I had just chopped it all off. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif My hair is very uneven. I haven't straightened my hair in ages. But the part that broke off is around ear length shrunken. The back and sides are nape length except for my "tail". The front section is near the bottom of my cheeks.

[ QUOTE ]
Champagne_Wishes said:

Dang oglorious1 you was "digging in the crates" /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no shame in my game.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Wow - Sassy how far have you come since then?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder too...

...and when r we gonna see pics of you hair? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I planned to take more pics once I got a professional haircut. I'm putting it off because I need enough hair to get into a ponytail easily. But after the pitiful display a few weeks ago, I may never put anymore pics online. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Everyone doesn't have good intentions.

Back