???? re: Dominican Products

princessdi

I'm curious to know how many ladies on this board use dominican products. If you use them, please tell me the following:

(1) Why you use them?
(2) Why you like them?
(3) How long have you been using them?
(4) Have you noticed a positive change in your hair since using the products?
(5) What are your staple dominican products?

and last but not least I've noticed that a lot of the dominican products contain mineral oil (maybe 4 or 5 (or sometimes 2 or 3) in the ingredient list. Does this scare you? I've heard so many negatives about using mineral oil but I hear lots of positive reviews about dominican products. Just curious as to whether you consider these products good or bad.

I recently started using the Bambu silicon Mix (mineral oil 3rd ingredient) and also the Baba De Caracol (mineral oil 5th ingredient) and really love how my hair feels after use; however, I'm somewhat afraid of what it will do to my hair and if it will have any negative long-term effects on my hair.

Please share your thoughts about these products.

Thanks ladies!

(1) Why you use them? They are cheap, and effective.
(2) Why you like them? They work just as well, if not better, than many more expensive products on the market.
(3) How long have you been using them? On, and off for many years.
(4) Have you noticed a positive change in your hair since using the products? More so when I was relaxed, but I love the DC's on my natural/texturized hair.
(5) What are your staple dominican products? Crece Pelo, Silicon Mix (hate the smell, but with other DC's it's great), Mirta Di Perales (when I was relaxed).

I like their deep conditioners. I ordered the ultimate starter package and really like it. I feel their items are more for protein. I like the Emergencia conditioner. It's a balance of protein and conditioner. Also the silicon mix, is the same way. With lots of slip. You can't go wrong with their products.

I don't care for the silicon mix shampoo, it stripped my natural hair.

I don't think they will hurt your hair in the long run. The products will make your hair stronger.

I really like the lacio lacio, lots of slip.

I have about 4 Dominican DCs ( Crescent Pelo, Silicon Mix, Silicon Mix Bamboo, and Alter Ego Garlic Treatment I also have a few Dominican leave ins (crescent pelo, silicon mix, and salerm and I have a Dominican moisturizer Baba de carcol but I haven't used any of them yet:) I like that these Dominican products are nice and thick, smell good and easy to get

Back