Re-discovering Hair Gease On Natural Hair

Tru_Mind

Actually it's Alberto VO5 Conditioning Hairdressing (Normal, Dry Hair) and it's very light weight. About $3 or less...and you only need a tiny bit.

300.jpg

Anyway, my hairline is FINALLY growing in and instead of lying down it sticks straight-up even after I tie a scarf tightly around my head, because once I comb my hair my hairline pops back-up.

I received a free sample of Dr. Miracle's Temple & Nape Growth Balm. Yes, it helped, but I could help but to think that it's nothing but hair grease, so I wouldn’t buy it. That’s when I decided to dig Alberto VO5 Conditioning Hairdressing (a more than half full tube) out of my drawer.

It’s just what I was looking for... LOL. It didn’t work this great on my relaxed hair…which is why I threw it in the drawer and forgot about it. It worked so well on my line that I decided to put it in the rest of my hair. It's light weight...and I used to HATE this stuff!

LOL...I don’t see an expiration date, but it maybe 2 plus years old.

This is what the back of the tube says:

Alberto VO5 Hairdressing keeps hair healthy-looking. Our unique formula tames frizzies and split ends, rejuvenates perms and protects hair form damage caused by blow dryers and curling appliances!

• 100% Concentrated
• Contains no water or alcohol

Directions:

To give hair natural-looking maageabiltiy and shine, apply a touch of VO5(about1/16 inch long) to palm. Rub hands together to liquefy VO5, then message into hair. TO USE AS HAIR AND SCALP CONDITIONER: Apply a large dab (1/4 inch long), massage vigorously, and then shampoo.

AS AN AFTER-SHAMPOO CONDITIONER: Bring out hidden natural highlights in you hair by applying a touch of VO5 (1/16 inch long) after towel- drying hair. Bives hair a natural healthy look.

Ingredients:

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Lanolin, PEG-8 Dilaurate, Paraffin, Isopropyl Myristate, Fragrance, BHA

Yep, mineral Oil, petrolatum, etc…but it’s working well. Just what I needed…LOL.

Hey I'm gonna have to pick up some of this. I saw it at Savon and was thinking of picking it up. I love all of V05's products, thanks for posting this tru_mind. :)

Sounds like doctored up Vaseline to me....no offense....and I am a grease user, but my stuff doesn't have petroleum or mineral oil...

I plan to only use it on my hair line not throughout my hair, because I don't really need to.

I bought the Tancho Stick a couple months ago to use on my hairline. I don't know if it's just that I don't know how apply it or it doesn't work well on my hair...or my hairline is too short. I just don't like it at all it stays where I put it like a layer of wax...which is one ingredient.

I could have saved money only if I would have dug out the VO5 before I ordered the Tancho Stick. I expected the Tancho Stick to work like the VO5 does and go into my hair. Tancho Stick just stays on top...and stayed there until I washed. Which was always soon after I put it on my hairline(just didn't look right or feel right).

oglorious1 said:
Sounds like doctored up Vaseline to me....no offense....and I am a grease user, but my stuff doesn't have petroleum or mineral oil...

What kind of grease do you use?

Back