RAVE Sweet Almond oil

macherieamour

i found this in my closet and started using a lil bit when i rollerset my hair and during the week. It made my hair sooo soft, smooth and moisturized. My stylist used blunt scissor when he trimmed me and my ends look frayed after a few weeks. But after using a few drops on my ends during the week, they look AMAZING :)

Yep I like SAO too. It is very light and it smells good. I will not go back to using EVOO on my hair, this works much better for me. It makes my ends smooth and shiny.

I've been using sweet almond oil in a combo mixed-with-deep-conditioner and baggie-method lately and love the results. I haven't tried it undiluted for daily moisturizing though.

This is what I use in the winter. It's great, it seems to seal in moisture throughout the day.

I see that you are on the West Coast. If there is a Long's near you, then it will most likely have the Aura Cacia brand of Sweet Almond Oil. You can also go to Whole Foods Market or other healthy lifestyle-oriented store for Sweet Almond Oil. (I would look in the oils and beauty product aisles). You can use it on dry hair. The scent is almost nonexistent, and the seems to soak in the hair very nicely. I have 4b/a dry hair, and I am pleased.

i love sweet almond oil also, personally i consider it to be heavier than jojoba oil. I use it to seal my ends on wet hair. I order most of my oils from camdengrey.com. HTH.

I went to Whole Foods recently....had the SAO in my hands but put it back on the shelf....I may have to rethink this purchase. :scratchch

I finally picked up a bottle of SAO after thinking about it being utilized in NTM's DDC; I mixed some in my conditioner this weekend...

but after hearing now about it's use on the ends...I'll start trying this:)

peacelove said:
bumping. I want to try this. Is it as light as jojoba or heavier?

I love sweet almond oil, too. It is light and the hair shaft easily absorbs it. I use jojoba too. But the almond oil leaves my hair a little smoother with a little sheen. The jojoba is nourishes well, but I like the way the almond oil makes my hair look and feel even more than the jojoba.

I found sweet almond oil 2 fl.oz , and eucalyptus oil 1 fl.oz at CVS Drugs. PHARMAR brand, around $1.80 each. Small sizes but, no big loss if not liked.

I've been using this oil recently on my skin. It's great for Eczema!
I'll try it out on my hair soon. Thanks for the tip.

I purchased this last week to use on my hair but it is fabulous on my skin!!!:D
I use it on my damp face and neck after cleansing in the morn and before bed.It really seals in moisture and evens tone.It gives your face a healthy glow without clogging pores and it dries soft!!!I've been getting compliments on my skin all week :D:D

I use sweet almond oil on my skin. I have extremely dry itchy skin, and SAO is really great. It's light and absorbs quckliy without making your skin greasy at all! Maybe I'll try this on my scalp too.

I have to get this now, I wish I had read this post before I placed my last supplement order, my fave site has the NOW brand for $6.99 for 16oz

P4135.jpg

http://www.allstarhealth.com/de.aspx?p=4135&cid=59EE6288
Manufacturer's Description:
Obtaining soft, glowing, beautiful skin has never been easier. Almond oil, a natural vegetable-derived extract that dates back to ancient times, nourishes and revives the skin without clogging pores. NOW Almond Oil is easily absorbed and works wonderfully as both a face and body moisturizer. After washing your face, simply massage 3-5 drops of NOW Almond Oil onto your face, playing close attention to the areas around the eyes, for skin that’s naturally exquisite.

http://www.allstarhealth.com/de.aspx?p=4135&cid=59EE6288

peacelove said:
bumping. I want to try this. Is it as light as jojoba or heavier?

I find it to be just as light. I like jojoba better, but Sweet Almond holds me over when I'm waiting for my jojoba stash in the mail...:)

Anybody taking this internally as well as using it externally? I read an article a while back that taking oils like SAO or walnut instead of flaxseed not only help keep your skin and hair in great condition, they help you lose weight because they're almost completely tasteless and something about your brain registering the eating of something without flavor causing your appetite to be suppressed....

belladionne922 said:
Anybody taking this internally as well as using it externally? I read an article a while back that taking oils like SAO or walnut instead of flaxseed not only help keep your skin and hair in great condition, they help you lose weight because they're almost completely tasteless and something about your brain registering the eating of something without flavor causing your appetite to be suppressed....

In that case I better get two bottle! I know I can eat 5 fist fulls of almonds, I rather get my oil that way! Yummy!! I have read studys where eating almonds is excellent for dieters, and the South Beach diet doctor highly recommends them as a part of his plan. I just eat them because they are GOOD!

Back